Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2005, 08:29 AM   #1
dingo
Regular User

Default Targa West 2005 - (F308, Pantera, 996 GT3's, 993 RS, R5T...)

Well this week was the inaugural running of Targa West in Perth - a tarmac rally based on events like Targa Tasmania over east.

The entry list wasn't as enticing as those other events, with about 70 cars entering. However it should get better as the word spreads how good it is.

One of the Evo's took overall honours, with a bunch of 911's not far behind. Unfortunately the Pantera and black GT3 both retired from the event so only a few pics of them on the first day. :bah:

I wasn't able to attend the tarmac stages over the weekend due to other commitments and it being a 3hr round trip to watch. Anyway I got a bunch of pics from the prologue (Thurs.) and the finish today.

All the high-res pics can be viewed on my website :arrow: http://www.ozcarsightings.com/targawest051.html

Awesome black-on-black 996 GT3 Clubsport

A MkI GT3...burnt some rubber at the finsihing ceremony!

The only Ferrari in the event - a 308 GTB.

DeTomaso Pantera GT4 - what a great looking/sound beast!

Renault 5 Turbo - only a couple in Australia, and it sounds more like a V8 or 12 :shock:

993 Carrera RS - one of my favourite 911's!

Porsche 911 Carrera 3.0 RS - with 240kW (320hp).

Many old and new Mitsubishi Evo's entered....

and a couple of E46 M3's also

In case you missed it all the high-res pics can be viewed on my website :arrow: http://www.ozcarsightings.com/targawest051.html