Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2005, 05:30 PM   #16
Refefer
Regular User

I want to see a price figure on the cobra. I did some browsing, and CNN made a potshot at being a llittle over 35k http://money.cnn.com/popups/2005/aut...1.exclude.html

WHICH of makes it a hellllll of a lot cheaper than a z06 with not much difference in power. While there is no doubt in my mind that on a track both stock vette (though I think it'll be very very close) and z06 will murder this mustang (those vettes can turn), it's gonna give them both a run for their money in a straight line, outright killing the stock vette.... and when we American's see that a 40k Mustang almost beat a 70k z06....

I think the new shelby is def looking at stealing z06 fandom and vette owners are going to be turning in their graves.

Then of course we got prestige... You can't be a a muscle car lover and not love Shelby. I don't think there is a car enthusiast out there that doesn't know and respect Shelby.... they're so damned perty....

One other thing, when does 450 BHP make a "Wimpy" car?!? Who cares if it's supercharged only up until that point? 450 BHP for 40k! Haha, how spoiled are we?