Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

View Poll Results: Can money buy you happiness?
Yes 43 62.32%
No 26 37.68%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2003, 02:55 PM   #11
st-anger
Regular User

i think it depends...
i mean i´m probably the oldest here on JW and experienced so many things in my life and some of them wouldn`t have been possible without having quite some money. from that point of view, i`d vote with "yes", with the money i´ve earned so far i could easily sit back right now, doing nothing ´till my time´s over and i still would have a perfect life, i even could buy myself a CGT, referring to what jabba mentioned from the vid of my friend, BUT on the other hand when you ask yourself "can money buy REAL happiness" and you`re seriously sick or something like that, what do you with all the money then??? are you happy with all the money and your wife just loves you because of the money??? i mean i´ve mentioned that some time ago when someone asked me if i´ll buy a 452000€ car and i said no! why???
the answer is very simply, i can buy a CGT but i can`t buy the love of the person i`d die for, and when my wife asked me not to spend so much money for a "silly" car it was absolutely clear not to buy it...
what i´ll try to express with this, money makes my life quite comfortable i would be able to buy nearly all the things i`d like to have, but IMO it´s more important to be happy that you are healthful and to have some ppl around you that are loving you like you are, and not because of the money... money is one of the biggest scourges of mankind :roll:
finally i voted with NO....
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote