Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2004, 03:39 PM   #1
5vz-fe
Regular User

Default 2005 Acura RL, a hit or a miss?

Production pics and media first drive are finally out:
Here is a few from Vtec.net

I was reading the Toronto Star today and they are doing a review on it too and let me just say, I am not impress at all. $70,000Cdn for a V6 is not a big sellling point. Like the TL most of the money has been put into technology and interior. Things like Active Lighting, power sunshade, keyless ignition, Active Noise Cancellation, Navigation system with integrated traffic monitoring, SH-AWD...etc. I don't want to start another G35 VS TL war here, coz this has been going on for along while in different forums but I must say the I for one would prolly want an V8 when I am shopping in this market. Yes, 300HP does sound enough, but coming from a 3.5 means you won't be getting generous torque down at the bottom which most car owners on this segment will be using. As much as I like the AWD feature, it is still front biased... Stylingwise, it is too conservative, since it is the first time they really try to push the RL into the luxury (instead of the mid-luxury) segment, I think it need more spice to it and not make it look like a pontiac G6. As a result, as much as I like the interior and it's tech gimmics, I still think it is a miss.