Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2004, 12:24 AM   #1
racer_f50
Regular User

Default 1991 Toyota Celica GT liftback **Now with RIMS**

Hey guys, finally got another car today

it's a white 1991 Toyota Celica GT liftback w/ 5 speed manual.

picked it up for $3000 U.S., which is about 1300 dollars under retail book price. that'll be made up for with the repairs i have to do though....

tomorrow i've gotta have the clutch replaced and get some oil leaks in the engine taken care of. there's also a leak in the power steering hose (not cheap...), the Airbag light is on (gonna have the Toyota dealership look at that tomorrow for $40), and tehre was a couple new noises that just showed up when i turned it on about 30minutes ago. ideally i can get all this done for under $2000.

the body itself is in beautiful shape though, and both pop-up headlights work.
the hub caps will be replaced by rims when i can afford some, tasteful of course, not gonna rice this out.
the ski rack has to go too, i do'nt ski and it looks ugly. the only problem is i don't have the key for the damn thing, so i've gotta figure something out to remove it.

i drove the thing pretty much all day despire the worn clutch, and i must say the performance from this 2.2L 4 cylinder is quite nice. once you get above 3000 rpms this thing just pulls like crazy and the exhaust note is nice and deep.

here's some pics for you guys to look at for now. i'll take more once i get the car back from repairs and can remove the ski rack.

**JW CUSTOM SHOT ADDED**
racer_f50 is offline   Reply With Quote