Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 04-29-2005, 04:16 PM   #1
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

Default *Hysterical laughing* I just saw an SLR..... :-O

Where the fuck do I begin...

Well, I was driving home, when my friend called me, and without saying 'hi', immediately screamed, "I'm looking at the SLR... its silver... now he's opening the gullwing doors... the interior is red." Needless to say, I made a huge U-turn, and sped towards him.

(BTW, the SLR was spotted at the owners company headquarters here in Warsaw, Poland)

I finally came, and my friend and I began the long wait for the guy to go home in his SLR. During our wait, we saw the guy looking at us through the windows of his office with suspicion, and guess what.... after about an hour of waiting for the guy, he surprises us with two cops that went up to us, and kindly asked us for our IDs. Luckily, my friend speaks polish, and so we told the Police that we only want to SEE the car, and that we weren't gonna fucking steal it... the cops were OK, and they kindly said goodbye.

So luckily in about 10 minutes, the guy drove out with his silver SLR... I'm not easily amused by cars, but when I finally saw the car in the metal, I WAS SHOCKED!!! That car is fucking awesome!!!!

Naturally, I expected him to flick us off and drive the other way, but to my amazement, the guy drove right next to us, and stopped. He lowered the window, and in Polish said, "If this was at night, I would have shot you." What a way to start a conversation :roll: (and the guy actually had a gun with him ). But then we introduced ourselves (the guy speaks excellent/perfect english), and he opened the bonnet and we saw the engine, looked into the cockpit, etc... we were talking about the car, etc...

I know this guy owns a black Enzo as well (I took pics of it). But, because he called the cops on my ass, I didn't wanna seem like a freak to him cause I know every goddamn car he owns But luckily, HE took the initiative and said, "I also have an Enzo." I was playing the fool and said, "REALLY???" Then we had a conversation of which car was better, but he only said that you cant really compare the two, cause The SLR is much more comfortable, etc. and that the Enzo is much more hardcore. He also noted that the SLR is quite a bit heavier than the Enzo, and that the Enzo is even more powerful (no shit). But throughout I was playing a complete idiot (I even asked him whether everything was made out of carbon fiber...). But the most important thing happened next: he said, "Next time I come in the Enzo, you can come and see it." YES!!!!

Well, I apologized again for the strange circumstances, and then he did a burnout.... MY FUCKING GOD!!!!! In an instance, HE WAS GONE IN A CLOUD OF SMOKE!!!!!!! FUCKING CRAZY!!! I sware, a motorcycle looks like a bicycle compared to that thing!!!! SHIT.....

Anyway, I don't have any pics, except for a small one of the tire tracks when he left. I'll post it later. Sorry about that, but under the circumstances, it seemed a little out of place to be taking pics, if you know what I mean... ops:
Well, I guess the next time I meet him, I'll be posting a similar topic concerning the Enzo! And this time I SWARE that I'll be asking him for a ride + pics!!!!!

Sorry again for no pics, and sorry for my frantic writing... I'm still pumped with adrenaline!!!

Anyone thats Polish on JW, you can be VERY proud of your country!
Old 04-29-2005, 04:44 PM   #2
pharzo
Regular User

LOL incidentally I was the friend. Here's more or less the sequence of events before i called nejc

I'm driving into the centre of town, in the "fast" lane, the far left, just about to stop at a red light. Suddenly an SLR zooms by!!!! Well, what do I do, I execute a highly illegal lane change into the far right lane (3 lane road) and go after him!! I basically follow him to his company HQ, while calling Nejc and screaming about it, and the doors, and the interior!! That car is just amazing to look at in real life. Unfortunately, the guy seemed to get really suspicious, with me just sitting in my car looking at him, so I went home, parked my car, and walked back to his HQ. He was standing outside, and as soon as I approached, he went inside. Then Nejc and I stood outside for like an hour, him watching us, then the cops came....you know the rest.

This guy is really awesome, and I suppose I can understand his consternation about having two 18 year old just standing outside his garage, waiting...

But after he showed us the car/engine/interior, he said "It's OK. We're friends now. Come over anytime"

How cool is that?!?!

EDIT

Pic, Sorry about quality, phone camera
pharzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 04:44 PM   #3
Fleischmann
Regular User

WOW...dude...you have got to give me the exact adress of where this guy works!! PLEAAAAAAAAASEEEEEE!!

BTW...what do you two do in Poland anyway ??
Old 04-29-2005, 04:52 PM   #4
ARMAN
Regular User

LOL Great story! You should invite him to JW jk

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 04:55 PM   #5
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

Originally Posted by Fleischmann
WOW...dude...you have got to give me the exact adress of where this guy works!! PLEAAAAAAAAASEEEEEE!!

BTW...what do you two do in Poland anyway ??
Honestly, I have no idea where the place was, cause we basically just followed it. I don't remember the address ops: But all I can tell you is that its in Sadyba...
Old 04-29-2005, 04:55 PM   #6
pharzo
Regular User

@Fleischmann

We're professional car stalkers

and by that, I of course mean HS students
(for another 4 weeks anyway)

RC45 about the Z06:
It is also a cheaply made, fast to depreciate, badly service hunk of GM crap.
pharzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 04:56 PM   #7
Fleischmann
Regular User

ahhh...fuck That's along way from me But I guess no jourmey is too far to see one of those two beauties
Old 04-29-2005, 04:59 PM   #8
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

We're professional car stalkers
HAHAHAHAHAH... but we're damn good at it

LOL Great story! You should invite him to JW jk
Yup, I'll try my best

ahhh...fuck That's along way from me But I guess no jourmey is too far to see one of those two beauties
Well, Fleischmann, you know what they say: no pain, no gain
Old 04-29-2005, 05:40 PM   #9
komotar
Regular User

Holly shit. I can feel the excitment in your post.

The way the whole conversation started, I almost feared the worst

You got me totaly excited! It's nice to see the man is a cool guy.
And the whole Enzo stuff :shock: WTF man, do you even know what you're saying!?!? You maybe, just maybe getting a short ride in the freakin' Enzo.

Or at least stand by it, maybe sit in it. And it's black! Heloooo! How cool is that!

God move not telling him how much you know about his cars.......Playing dumb is often the right thing to do. Sometimes, when I get into conversation with the owner of the car I'm making pics of, I play dumb, asking how much HP does it have and stuff, so the guy get's into the comfort zone and he things he's in charge....

I can't wait for possible news about the Enzo!

Good luck man. Thx for th pm 8)

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 05:50 PM   #10
Toronto
Regular User

can't wait for pics or even a vid of the black enzo
amzing story, mayb you will end up as good friends with this guy
Old 04-29-2005, 06:12 PM   #11
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

@ komotar: Thnx for the words of wisdom!

@ Toronto: Yeah, I'll cross my fingers for good pics + a vid of the Enzo. And trust me, I'm trying to get that guy to be my friend... hehehe
Old 04-29-2005, 06:16 PM   #12
ARMAN
Regular User

Be careful anyways just in case

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 08:38 PM   #13
DeMoN
Regular User

Wow what a nice story. Glad to see he is a rich guy who gives a damn about cars. We can assume he loves and takes care of his cars because he called the police. I wish I get to see one, Ill be looking more of McLaren than of Mercedes if I ever see one.

One quick question, sorry its kinda off topic, but when I do a speed start and have my tires screech on my G35, I never leave trails on the floor, anyone know why?
Old 04-29-2005, 08:42 PM   #14
Z3uS
Regular User

Completely awesome mate! Try to do some vids of the Enzo! And please, take a lot of pics

As for me... Ill probably never a SLR here in Brazil
Old 04-29-2005, 10:09 PM   #15
stradale
Regular User

I'm not much of a fan of the SLR (on the contrary actually), but I really enjoyed your story! I can just picture your reaction to the car.

Now how about some more black Enzo stuff in the future? With that you could certainly get me excited as well.

BTW, I must stress that with this post I'm not trying to put your sighting of the SLR down in any way. I'm just being fair about my personal opinions of the car.