Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 11-18-2004, 06:00 AM   #1
rob_e1
Regular User

Default check out this guys garage.. :)

Ok - its an elise on ebay, but scroll down to check the guy's garage..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...504707755&rd=1
rob_e1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 06:06 AM   #2
Jabba
Regular User

"So, why am I selling this beautiful Lotus Elise? Look carefully in some of the pictures. You'll see my Yellow and my Orange Lamborghini Diablos in the garage. After driving the Lotus, I like the Lamborghini more so the Lotus is for sale. "

What an asshole....I just cant believe that as they are obviously entirely different cars and simply cannot be compared in that way.
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 06:11 AM   #3
stradale
Regular User

I knew I had seen it before, so I did a search and here's some more.

http://www.slantback.com/

The wheels on the orange 6.0VT are awful BTW. But what do you expect when the previous owner is Busta Rhymes...
Old 11-18-2004, 06:14 AM   #4
dropot2
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
What an asshole....I just cant believe that as they are obviously entirely different cars and simply cannot be compared in that way.
Absolutely agree Jabba...it's surprising that a man who owns such cars, and it seems he loves driving, can despise such a funny car so easily... :roll:
dropot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 06:18 AM   #5
Mr.T
Regular User

That guy is a member of Lamborghini Talk.

Here is a video of his yellow and orange Diablo http://www.slantback.com/moovies/ora...bloexhaust.mpg
Mr.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 06:18 AM   #6
dropot2
Regular User

Originally Posted by stradale
the previous owner is Busta Rhymes...
Sorry but I don't know him...who is that guy?
Old 11-18-2004, 06:22 AM   #7
Jabba
Regular User

Something strange about owning two Diablos that are the same model and a Lotus Elise.

Wouldn't it be better to sell one Diablo....keep the Elise and think what you could get with the change....a 360, 911 the list is endless.
Old 11-18-2004, 06:29 AM   #8
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by dropot2
he's a rapper.
Old 11-18-2004, 06:35 AM   #9
dropot2
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo22
Originally Posted by dropot2
he's a rapper.
Rappers has an incredible ability in destroying beautiful cars... :roll:
Old 11-18-2004, 07:30 AM   #10
stradale
Regular User

Something strange about owning two Diablos that are the same model and a Lotus Elise.

Wouldn't it be better to sell one Diablo....keep the Elise and think what you could get with the change....a 360, 911 the list is endless.
I think he did. On his website the orange Diablo is listed as a car he currently has and the yellow one is listed as a car he used to own.
Old 11-18-2004, 07:31 AM   #11
rob_e1
Regular User

absolutely right.
rob_e1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 07:37 AM   #12
Jabba
Regular User

I think he did. On his website the orange Diablo is listed as a car he currently has and the yellow one is listed as a car he used to own.
Ahh I see...so he sold one Diablo and is selling his Elise...hmm wonder what he is getting next....an SUV perhaps...???

NOTE: He seems to be still using the two Diablo setup up as a sales pitch on ebay then in that case.
Old 11-18-2004, 07:47 AM   #13
stradale
Regular User

Probably getting another Hummer or something....

I think the writing's on the wall here. Why would anyone keep a Lexus SC430 (a car that is positively crap whichever way you look at it) and sell an Elise? Why would anyone want to sell a 6.0VT with beautiful wheels and a Tubi and get the same car but with disgusting wheels and standard exhaust? Answer these two questions and I think you'll see this guy is not a hardcore petrolhead but more of a poser.

Quote from LamboChat: "Put 60 miles on the Elise, I think I'll sell it. It's a turd for performance and very uncomfortable." The concept of cornering has yet to be discovered by him...
This guy even owned a Diablo kit car as well!

Oh dear...
Old 11-18-2004, 08:33 AM   #14
mindgam3
Regular User

exactly what i was thinking....
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 08:41 AM   #15
Anonymous

"So, why am I selling this beautiful Lotus Elise? Look carefully in some of the pictures. You'll see my Yellow and my Orange Lamborghini Diablos in the garage. After driving the Lotus, I like the Lamborghini more so the Lotus is for sale. "

Doesn't sound like he gave it much of a chance either
why am I selling this beautiful Lotus Elise? Look carefully in some of the pictures. You'll see my Yellow and my Orange Lamborghini Diablos in the garage. After driving the Lotus, I like the Lamborghini more so the Lotus is for sale.

This car is BRAND NEW. Factory warranty starts when you title the car
Right so I guess he's driven the dealers Elise??? if it is indeed brand new (delivery mileage) then he hasn't driven this one... so he's ordered it and then decided from a probably short drive its not quite as good as a diablo...... No shit Sherlock!!.......... But for the money you can't do much better... especially now the engines are a more reliable toyota source IMO