Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 04-05-2007, 05:32 PM   #16
TopGearNL
Regular User

That is a powerslide.... Its just not one where the tail is hanging out and pushing a ton of smoke
Ok then they are powerslides..

I meant in the TG style
Old 04-07-2007, 05:49 PM   #17
jakaracman
Regular User

Originally Posted by komotar
Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
LOL!

How many hp does this pick-up has?!

Very nice and clean drift BTW!
I think that 140 HP.

It's quite easy to drift in this car when the diff is on. The only downpoint that I had to keep in forst gear, because the power surge in second is just so sudden and the car just spins...

The vid is edited ofcourse, but I did 2 and 3 laps in a row multiple times ....
Dont be so mean to the car. You can do it in 2nd, 3rd ... Faster you go (and the narrower the road is), more fun it is. Big plus of drifting a pickup (or off-roader): you can do it on any f+gravel, in places you'd never gop with an M3.
The pic is taken in 3rd gear, but not really great (photographer missed the most sideways part). He was better with Nissan Navara and Toyota Hilux ...

jakaracman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:55 PM   #18
ZfrkS62
Regular User

i didn't know Mazda still had a truck on the market.

That was great komotar, well done!

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:12 AM   #19
komotar
Regular User

Originally Posted by jakaracman
Originally Posted by komotar
Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
LOL!

How many hp does this pick-up has?!

Very nice and clean drift BTW!
I think that 140 HP.

It's quite easy to drift in this car when the diff is on. The only downpoint that I had to keep in forst gear, because the power surge in second is just so sudden and the car just spins...

The vid is edited ofcourse, but I did 2 and 3 laps in a row multiple times ....
Dont be so mean to the car. You can do it in 2nd, 3rd ... Faster you go (and the narrower the road is), more fun it is. Big plus of drifting a pickup (or off-roader): you can do it on any f+gravel, in places you'd never gop with an M3.
The pic is taken in 3rd gear, but not really great (photographer missed the most sideways part). He was better with Nissan Navara and Toyota Hilux ...

haha, nice ones, was that the day you came up for a lunch to the octavia scout presentation?

anyway, trust me, I have tried in second but it was raining and it was slippery as hell, and you know that that roundabout is VERY slippery and there was no way I could hold it for more than a quarter of a lap, maybe a bit more... so the first gear was the one needed in order to pull out a few laps in a short span of time I had and I wasn't bouncing of the rev limiter, so the "abuse" was really minimal

but I did trie the second and third in a quarry just like you (I have one near my house) and it's pure joy 8)

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote