Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 04-28-2004, 09:07 AM   #1
callen
Regular User

Default how to: run a double monitor setup on one tower.

ill be headed home from london this friday, back to niagara falls where i am from. i currently have a DELL 19' trinitron, and my sister a 17" monitor of the same. im looking to hook up a dual monitor setup on my computer. how is it possible to do such a thing, ive never looked into it, what do i need to do to make this possible. i have a G force 4 Ti 4200 64mb vid card, 512 mb ram , athlon amd 1800XP , so i think all this is possible.. ne helpful info would be appreciated. thanks guys!
Old 04-28-2004, 10:54 AM   #2
stevert

get a gfx card with dual outputs on it, does yours ?.. many cards these days have a normal vga output and a dvi output.. just get a dvi/vga adapter and plug in the second monitor.. well actually most cards that have a dvi out have the adapter with them
Old 04-28-2004, 06:07 PM   #3
callen
Regular User

and thats it? plug it in and its all good? i know that i have some options i can messa round with my G force card , but besides that, i just get an adaptor, and then i ve got power to two monitors, and i can scroll t he mouse across both like it was one? :shock: sweet! (btw i do have a dvi output, but im not sure if i have an adaptor, although i will check where i keep those things for it) do u know the price of an adaptor if i need one dan?
Old 04-28-2004, 07:07 PM   #4
crazidude
Regular User

I'm pretty sure all GF4s had 2 monitor support. You card should've come with a dvi adaptor. Just plug that into the white plug on the back of the vid card then plug in your monitor and you should be set.
crazidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 12:21 AM   #5
EvoqSixteen

if it has dvi out then it should have the adaptor.. and yes its that easy.. in the display properties controls there should be some option for enabling dual monitors..