Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 12-22-2005, 02:51 PM   #1
RC45
Regular User

Default What's Veyron 1/4 time? 9.32 @ 147mph ?? On motor alone?

This is what a 1000hp really does...

Originally Posted by ROCKINZ06
Thanks guys. The Poster stays though..........

Norman. The motor is an all aluminum Keith Black block, 540" Brodix B1 Headed Wedge. Made 920HP on the motor and is good for 1500-HP on nitrous. This is a 10.5 tire Heads-Up car and yes its streetable. Have not sprayed the motor yet, but I have gone 9.32 @ 147 in the 1/4 at 4,000' of air in the summer here in Arizona. Keep in mind this performance was with a TIGHT nitrous converter and 2-spd Powerglide trans on MOTOR only........its good for 7.70's @ 170+ with both the foggers & juggs turned on..........:coo:

Here are a few pics of the motor and when we had it on the Superflow Dyno......

Here are a few pics of the motor by itself and the dyno session.......
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/...ESTMACHINE.jpg

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 03:09 PM   #2
LotusGT1
Regular User

And then the first corner comes...

More seriously though, what's the cost of building such a dragracer..?
Old 12-22-2005, 03:13 PM   #3
bmagni
Regular User

/\/\ I guess not so expensive, thats what dragsters are made for
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 03:21 PM   #4
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by LotusGT1
And then the first corner comes...

More seriously though, what's the cost of building such a dragracer..?
When the first corner comes, the Veyron and the Dart will neck and neck... not much difference between the 2 cars handling wise...

And the cost is FAR less than $1 million - far, far less.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:28 PM   #5
LotusGT1
Regular User

Yeye, the Veyron doesn't handle THAT bad

But seriously, what does a full blown dragster like this cost?
Old 12-22-2005, 03:36 PM   #6
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso
yeah, but that looks like total SHIT, and handles like total SHIT, and has no redeeming features other than speed. LOL
Pretty much live an Audi... it's a chicks grocery getter, not unlike a Camry

The car is what it is is - a very well built stock hardtop coupe based off a 40 year old grocery getter sedan - uses a NA motor to go as fast as anything, sound like nothing else and punch you in the chest when it blasts by as you sit way up in the stands.

And this is the American Muscle forum - these are the things we like to see and discuss. A 1000hp NA V8 is a lot more soulfull than a lab-technition grown W16 trubo-schmurbo.

Originally Posted by LotusGT1
Yeye, the Veyron doesn't handle THAT bad

But seriously, what does a full blown dragster like this cost?
As for cost - perhaps a $50 or $60,000 worth of hobbyist dollars.

Some people spend their money on things that make themselves feel good, not impressing others.

And that is far from a "full blown" dragster - it is a modified street car. It looks to be a full steel body - not a fibreglass funny car
Old 12-22-2005, 04:38 PM   #7
gobs3z
Regular User

I've always wanted my passenger to sit on explosive gas (aka nitrous). But i guess that is one of those things that makes people feel good. But this is a badass car either way, is the 540 the biggest block to be had? Oh an the Veyron doesn't need a parachute to stop, it has something called brakes, i think thats what they are called.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 04:41 PM   #8
Banchi105
Regular User

Well I definately wouldn't have brought up the Veyron at all this being the American Muscle forum and all.

However, this does seem nicely done under the hood. It could use a exterior freshening, but I'm sure it will have one in due time. I wish we could here the sound.
Banchi105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 05:44 PM   #9
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
not much difference between the 2 cars handling wise...
As much as I dont care about the veyron I bet my right nut(left is a bit much) that the Veyron handles better.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 05:49 PM   #10
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
not much difference between the 2 cars handling wise...
As much as I dont care about the veyron I bet my right nut(left is a bit much) that the Veyron handles better.
The Bugatti Vagrant handle better yes, but not by much. Then again, I would hope a 1 million dollar car from 2005 handles better than a 1960's family grocery getter
Old 12-22-2005, 06:52 PM   #11
SnakeBitten
Regular User

You can put a rocket on a turd and it will be faster than a Veyron...Not calling this car a turd as I love classic american muscle[Camaros, GTO etc] but it hardly matters that its faster than the Veyron.....Veyron is luxury and hyperspeed without roll bars blocking your entry/exit, no NOS, no cut up interior or body etc. and Im sure the Veyron will beat this car in top speed easily too.....Im not the biggest Veyron fan but comparing these two is a streeeeatch.....You honestly believe this car will run with a Veyron on a circuit track?

Better comparison for this car is the Yellow Viper that just did 7.9@177mph with full interior, AC, plus hundreds of pounds of stereo equipment, with stock IRS suspension, stock body etc...Oh and it did this on turbo only...NO NOS or any other power adders other than the turbos...Both cars are Impressive but Ill take the Viper out of the two American tuner cars...I can just slap some 20's on lower the boost and drive around town like a normal car listening to music with the AC on while driving an exotic that would rape 99.9% of cars out there...
Old 12-22-2005, 07:25 PM   #12
exhausted mules
Regular User

well said snake...

well said.
exhausted mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 09:21 PM   #13
RC45
Regular User

Holy shit for dollars sarcasm is lost on you lot... No disprespect meant, but why the fuck would anyone believe than anyone else would imagine a steel bodied full-size with big n littles had any handling ability?

Y'all are far too serious

Snake.. a turbo is a power adder btw... and lower boost and 20's would make the car slower than most UPS trucks..

Oh - and a Keith Black Valiant is hardly a "tuner car"
Old 12-22-2005, 10:19 PM   #14
jorge
Regular User

When the first corner comes, the Veyron and the Dart will neck and neck... not much difference between the 2 cars handling wise...
hahahaha of course
Old 12-22-2005, 10:49 PM   #15
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by gobs3z
I've always wanted my passenger to sit on explosive gas (aka nitrous). But i guess that is one of those things that makes people feel good. But this is a badass car either way, is the 540 the biggest block to be had? Oh an the Veyron doesn't need a parachute to stop, it has something called brakes, i think thats what they are called.
GM performance makes a 572 all aluminum big block and there are bigger custom blocks out there.

And BTW this car is sick!
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote