Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > The Cool Wall

The Cool Wall Our version of the cool wall.. you decide what's cool and what's not - view the results HERE

View Poll Results: Toyota Supra
subzero 15 29.41%
cool 26 50.98%
uncool 5 9.80%
seriously uncool 5 9.80%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2008, 12:52 AM   #1
System
Regular User

Default Toyota Supra

System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:12 AM   #2
toffytofik
Regular User

Oh, the jelly bean!
toffytofik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:15 AM   #3
Mattk
Regular User

The only people ever seen driving Supras are gangsters or wannabe gangsters. Seriously uncool.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:10 AM   #4
pagani
Regular User

The coolest japanese car of the 90's
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:38 AM   #5
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

very very cool..

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:02 PM   #6
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by pagani View Post
The coolest japanese car of the 90's
That's not saying much.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:30 PM   #7
RC45
Regular User

A great GT cruiser, quite underpowered stock and very under appreciated until it starred in Fast n Furious.... after which it became loathed by serious car fans - because in the day and age, th only Supras out there are riced up bits of crap, or 15,658bhp turbo freaks that have no practical use any more - except the 15,000hp Supra runs 10.8s instead of 10.9 like the 1000hp Supra
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:33 PM   #8
04RCSTI
Regular User

it wasnt under appreciated before the movie came out....the reason they used it in the movie is because Supras had a long history of being power monsters. Dont be mad at them just cause its easy to make hp and half of the tuned ones will smoke you on a highway run
Old 05-06-2008, 07:44 PM   #9
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by 04RCSTI View Post
it wasnt under appreciated before the movie came out....the reason they used it in the movie is because Supras had a long history of being power monsters. Dont be mad at them just cause its easy to make hp and half of the tuned ones will smoke you on a highway run
I doubt it man his car is wicked powerful.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:51 PM   #10
RC45
Regular User

I would hazard a guess I was driving and appreciating the Toyota Celica, Celica Supra and Supra long before you even had a drivers license.

And Supras have a pretty short history of making monster power, the cars were not cheap to mod when new, and not that many were modded in the first year or 2 of sales.

But then again, to someone new to cars I guess the 1990's do seem like ancient history

Originally Posted by T-Bird View Post
I doubt it man his car is wicked powerful.
Nah - he is right, all those 10.9s 1200hp automatic transmission Supras will smoke me on a freeway run from 100 to 180, but sadly will barely be able to keep up on an slightly curved offramp

Last edited by RC45; 05-06-2008 at 08:06 PM.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:28 PM   #11
04RCSTI
Regular User

I would hazard a guess I was driving and appreciating the Toyota Celica, Celica Supra and Supra long before you even had a drivers license.

And Supras have a pretty short history of making monster power, the cars were not cheap to mod when new, and not that many were modded in the first year or 2 of sales.

But then again, to someone new to cars I guess the 1990's do seem like ancient history
I would absolutely agree. Just like you said, it depends on what you think is "recent" since supras have been making monster power since the 90's....thats AT LEAST 8 years, I know it was before 98...so thats at least 10 years. 10 years is almost half my life so youre right, its ancient history hehe. Good thing there are written records of things so really what took you 10 years to live and learn took me about 20 minutes to read or see. I'm sure the 70's and early 80's were way cool though..I'm jealous.

Nah - he is right, all those 10.9s 1200hp automatic transmission Supras will smoke me on a freeway run from 100 to 180, but sadly will barely be able to keep up on an slightly curved offramp
Yes, sadly, most supra owners have that straight line craze thing going, unfortunately so is the case with a lot of the domestics like the mustangs and vettes. Also true for a lot of other imports like Evos and STI's, which really makes no sense to me considering we have to shift into 5th to get down the quarter.. Buy a GTO or something along those lines if you want to go straight fast.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:36 PM   #12
refaat33
Regular User

was good as a movie star , and there it should stay .
I don't like it , seriously uncool .
refaat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 03:17 PM   #13
Vansquish
Regular User

As fast as a Ferrari Testarossa (up to a point), but there's been a hell of a lot too much rice added to this burner.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:32 PM   #14
Mattk
Regular User

As fast as it is, it looks like shit and has a bad reputation, therefore seriously uncool.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:29 AM   #15
Pokiou
Regular User

I like it.. i always have... had mates with once mildly tuned.. GREAT cars.. cant beat the WRX GC8 up hill and downhill around twisty roads.
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote