Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 02-13-2005, 01:52 AM   #1
novass
Regular User

Default My comp is f*cked

I dont know what the hell is going on. I got a trojan I believe but I cant get rid of it. Ive used Adaware and Spybot a few times but it doesnt seem to help. Not only that but spybot keeps telling me that a registry is being changed. My recycle bin wont empty, been stuck with five things that are invisible when I open it. Some gay little search bar keeps poppin up on my taskbar and new shortcuts pop up here and there on my desktop.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of any of this shit?

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 02:03 AM   #2
ZfrkS62
Regular User

easy way: McAfee Anti-Virus

hardway: Start->run-> enter "regedit" and start hunting through folders looking for a .dll extension. those little bastards hide themselves so fricken well it's tricky to find them unless you know what is and isn't supposed to be there

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 08:52 AM   #3
jonas240z

better way >> put the name of the search bar you keep getting in google and I bet you find ut what it is, and from there how to remove it
Old 02-13-2005, 12:02 PM   #4
FoxFour
Regular User

To search for a registry attack, I would recommend HiJack This!
http://www.spychecker.com/program/hijackthis.html It's a feeware program that I have used and it works well. Just be careful when you you pull up the registry list look at the registry carefully. If you are unsure of what you want removed, just come back here and paste the Hijack list that comes up. And maybe I can help.
Also, go to Microsoft's site and download their AntiSpyware Beta program. I use that now and I found out that it can catch some things that SBS&D can't find.
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland
FoxFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 01:05 PM   #5
DeMoN
Regular User

if its a trojan, it will be harder to get rid of than using spyware tools.

I suggest you go to http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ and do an online scan. If that doesnt clean your computer, at least youll have the name of the trojan to which you can google "TrojanName removal" and also get AVG http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/ antivirus. It is the best free antivirus out there. I used to use norton, but it fuked up so now I have to use this one. It doesnt clog the computer like norton did so Im happy with it.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:41 PM   #6
pimrusis
Regular User

Reformat your computer. There is no other way, really. There is only a slim chance that you will even be able to remove enough to function almost like normal. Most likely you will never get rid of it completely. Don't mess around, just reformat.
pimrusis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 01:47 PM   #7
PATo355
Regular User

I would reformat the pc , it will give you a boost in performance too , just backup your data and try to format every 3 months or so .

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 09:41 PM   #8
novass
Regular User

Thanks for all the help guys. Its all fucked up now, my primary monitor has some white background I cant get rid of, ahhh fuck it, im just going to reformat the motherfucker. And if that doesnt work, im going to take the comp down to the beach and dump the piece of shit into the ocean.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 09:44 PM   #9
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by novass
Thanks for all the help guys. Its all fucked up now, my primary monitor has some white background I cant get rid of, ahhh fuck it, im just going to reformat the motherfucker. And if that doesnt work, im going to take the comp down to the beach and dump the piece of shit into the ocean.
aww, thats no fun. 1/2 a stick of dynamite will be more entertaining

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 10:59 PM   #10
MBW124

Actually...

...Have you tried HijackThis? Search and download it and it'll do the easy work of displaying your registry and you have the option to check and fix unknown/suspicisious looking files.
MBW124 is offline   Reply With Quote