Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 04-26-2004, 04:50 AM   #1
Ghostbat
Regular User

Default Koenigsegg CC8S & CCR (Pictures)

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...82#post1111682

Now it's time for sweden to rule in the supercar segment 8)
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 04:59 AM   #2
tanelvali
Regular User

LOL. Though I am very keen to koeningsegg and I think it's one of the prettiest and most "must-have" cars around, We should leave leading of supercar segment to the italians.. shall we?

Thanks for the link. D/Lpics right now.
tanelvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 05:06 AM   #3
Ghostbat
Regular User

Originally Posted by tanelvali
LOL. Though I am very keen to koeningsegg and I think it's one of the prettiest and most "must-have" cars around, We should leave leading of supercar segment to the italians.. shall we?

Thanks for the link. D/Lpics right now.

No why should we leave it to the italians alone? More competitors -->> Better/faster cars.
Old 04-26-2004, 05:37 AM   #4
tanelvali
Regular User

Thats where i do agree with you. More competitors results in faster/better cars. I welcome every new supercars building company warmly, but Italy is pretty often mentioned when you're talking about supercars.. And that's, i'm afraid, this is going to be.. You may even do better cars but italian ferraris, lambos are like examples for coparing the cars.. Either your new car is BETTER than italian cars or is it worse... but italian cars are like the standard. sort of.

BTW first when i was reading about koenigsegg (year might have been 98-99) this supposed to be 1000 hp supercar. Now they have somewhat less... why?
Old 04-26-2004, 05:56 AM   #5
Ghostbat
Regular User

BTW first when i was reading about koenigsegg (year might have been 98-99) this supposed to be 1000 hp supercar. Now they have somewhat less... why?
I think that figures around 1000 Bhp were just rumors and not information from koenigsegg. I'm not 100 percent sure about that. But anywho, now they are getting pretty close to those figures with the CCR.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:28 AM   #6
rob_e1
Regular User

Koenigsegg CCR: "peak value of 806 hp (601 Kw) at 6.900 rpm. The torque curve also shows very high figures over a broad revolution band with a peak value of 678 ft.lbs. (920 Nm) at 5.700 rpm"

So, not 1000 hp but almost 1000 Nm. Still, 806 bhp is a LOT. You won't be driving this thinking "if only it had more power.." lol..!
rob_e1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 06:39 AM   #7
tanelvali
Regular User

920 Nm is a L O T.. and as this car is pretty lightweight then I suppose I dont need more than 806 hp
Old 04-26-2004, 06:44 AM   #8
Ghostbat
Regular User

It will be interesting if they test the CCR on TG. I'm 100 percent sure that the CCR is going to demolish the Pagani Zonda. It's not that I don't like the Zonda but the CC8S ran aproximately the same time and the CCR has ALOT more power..
Old 04-26-2004, 07:05 AM   #9
rob_e1
Regular User

IIRC what clarkson didn't like about the koenisgegg was the handling. I don't think he had any problems with the amount of power the 'regular' car had..

It will need to improve in more areas than just power output if its going to be a better car than the zonda. Remember, new zonda out soon too... 8)
rob_e1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 07:08 AM   #10
Ghostbat
Regular User

Tanelvali you are right that the italian cars set the standard in the supercar segment and there's alot of tradition. I think that the Ferraris, Lambos and the rest are marvelous cars, but IMO the greatest supercar of them all is english with a german heart. Naturally I'm thinking about Mclaren F1.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:12 AM   #11
Ghostbat
Regular User

Well rob_e1 don't forget that Clarkson can't drive for shit :fist:

Well I have also heard that the Koenigsegg is a bit tricky when you reach the limit but that will propably not be a problem for most of us since we run out of driving skills before we hit that limit..
Old 04-26-2004, 07:13 AM   #12
tanelvali
Regular User

I'd expect nothing less. I do believe that Koenigsegg will put McLaren F1 out from its position. koenigsegg should be faster (400kmh) and should accelerate faster etc. Are there any carshops in Sweden (Stockholm) where i could see koenigsegg with my own eyes? My sister lives in sweden and as i'm going to visit her soon then it might be good idea to check it out.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:17 AM   #13
Ghostbat
Regular User

I'd expect nothing less. I do believe that Koenigsegg will put McLaren F1 out from its position. koenigsegg should be faster (400kmh) and should accelerate faster etc. Are there any carshops in Sweden (Stockholm) where i could see koenigsegg with my own eyes? My sister lives in sweden and as i'm going to visit her soon then it might be good idea to check it out.
Since they are such a small manufacterer they don't have their own showroom. They are built in the south of sweden in Ängelholm and they are out testing pretty often on the roads in that area.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:32 AM   #14
corvettekid
Regular User

better looking and faster then the enzo/mclaren.
corvettekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 09:44 AM   #15
Ghostbat
Regular User

Originally Posted by corvettekid
better looking and faster then the enzo/mclaren.
Thanks man! You've just made yourself very popular in Sweden