Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 06-18-2004, 11:30 AM   #1
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

Default Is the next 407 coupe going to be as beautiful as the 406?

Once peugeot has made a decision to replace the 406, its time of the replacement of the 406 coupé as well,....and once for me the 406 coupe is one of the most successful coupe ever designed during the last years, and one of the most successful shape designs in the history of the automobile..........and also once weve had the chance to see some of the clues of the future of the 407......im just interested in the opinion of other members, if people thing that the next shape is going to be as brilliant(in terms of beauty, elegance) as the current one, or not.......waiting for your answers........cheers
Ford Capri 2.8i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 02:19 PM   #2
gbg
Regular User

i think the 407 coupe will be really cool

peugeot is doing really great on their new cars design

the 406 coupe was designed by pininfarina, wasnt it?
gbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 02:30 PM   #3
Vansquish
Regular User

I don't know if the 407 will be able to live up to the 406 coupe...that car was one of the most elegantly styled vehicles on the road, it had presence, beauty and practicality in one excellent package. If the styling trend continues from the 407 to the 407 coupe, I doubt it will be anywhere near as good-looking. The 407 looks like a catfish from the front to me.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 02:39 PM   #4
Fleischmann
Regular User

The thing I hate about the new 407 is the huge front, which kinda reminds me of a whale shark. All this to meet the new strict pedesrian safety regulations. As far as I see it, the 407 coupe will be a dissapointment, but I hope I will be positivelly shocked.
Old 06-18-2004, 04:44 PM   #5
Vansquish
Regular User

hehe...catfish...whale shark...same idea man

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 05:00 PM   #6
yg60m
Regular User

The 406 Coupe was designed by Pininfarina while the 407 will be by the Peugeot center ... That is enough to give some doubts
Old 06-18-2004, 06:08 PM   #7
PATo355
Regular User

Ive seen concepts oin the 407 coupe , will be very cool but the 406 was so sexy ... designed by pininfarina it was the Ferrari of the poor

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 03:45 PM   #8
stradale
Regular User

Although I don't find the 407 ugly, I don't see a 407 coupé could be looking better than the 406 coupé. The 406 is just brilliant. I still smile whenever I see one. It's like a mini Ferrari 456. If Pininfarina once again gets the job then they'll have to alter the 407 so much to make a coupé just as stunning as its predecessor that it won't be recognisable as a 407 anymore.

It's largely due to the high fronts current cars of Peugeot have. Just think of the 307 CC. You can't turn the 307 into a sleek, elegant car when it has a nose like that. It's also the reason why the rear is so massive. Otherwise it would be totally out of proportion.