Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Lamborghini > Lamborghini Pictures and Videos

Old 11-16-2007, 03:22 PM   #1
a007apl
Regular User

Default Lamborghini Calabasas Grand Opening pictures‏

Hi res
________

a007apl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:08 PM   #2
Zot09
Regular User

*drool* Hayden Panettiere *drool*

Looks like an awesome event!
Old 11-16-2007, 06:41 PM   #3
deuces
Regular User

i'm gonna have to go check that out tomorrow!
Old 11-27-2007, 01:07 PM   #4
hwjunkie
Regular User

Here are my high-res pics:

hwjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 01:29 PM   #5
sameerrao
Regular User

All I see in this picture set and the one on Fchat is a typical LA movie star fashion parade with a mere hint of the cars. Girls on swings, girls in bikinis riding a bull, eat sushi of a girl. Jeez even Caligula and Nero was more tasteful!

I try my best to think of Lamborghini owners as car enthusiasts but these guys convince me that they are intended for rappers and movies stars intent on looking good. Where are the old Miura enthusiasts and other others who bought cars for driving pleasure and maybe worked on them in their spare time?

Sorry for the rant.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 01:33 PM   #6
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by Zot09 View Post
*drool* Hayden Panettiere *drool*
She's a little girl! You sicken me...

Anyways. The whole thing does look tasteless. Maybe Lamborghinis became too easy to drive. It used to kill casual drivers.
HeilSvenska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 01:35 PM   #7
79TA
Regular User

^^^ he's right . . . she's freaking 15
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 03:45 PM   #8
hwjunkie
Regular User

Originally Posted by sameerrao View Post
All I see in this picture set and the one on Fchat is a typical LA movie star fashion parade with a mere hint of the cars. Girls on swings, girls in bikinis riding a bull, eat sushi of a girl. Jeez even Caligula and Nero was more tasteful!

I try my best to think of Lamborghini owners as car enthusiasts but these guys convince me that they are intended for rappers and movies stars intent on looking good. Where are the old Miura enthusiasts and other others who bought cars for driving pleasure and maybe worked on them in their spare time?

Sorry for the rant.
I need to chime in on this one… This was NOT a car show. It was the grand opening of a Lamborghini Dealership, and grand it was! Vik, who owns Lamborghini OC, the largest Lamborghini dealership in the US, was throwing this party to introduce his dealership to the area and to his past, present and future friends and clients. Not only that, the main reason the celebrities were there was because they were doing a drive to raise money for epilepsy, and Lamborghini of Calabasas brought their cars and some from LOC to West LA where the celebrities were at the charity event and they all got in the Lambos and did the “Race to fight Epilepsy” , here are some of the stories: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=lamborghini+calabasas&btnG=Google+S earch . So if you are wondering why you didn’t see any cars there, they were all outside, many Lambos, a Veyron, a Gemballa CGT and other exotics. And believe me, we ARE “car enthusiasts” , we do drives all the time, here’s one about a month or so ago from that very dealership: http://www.hwheaven.com/cgi-bin/gallery22HWcollection/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Lambo_Drive_10-07-07 , looks a little different doesn’t it? We have get togethers every week, here’s some of them: http://www.exoticcarsite.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=54 . And there’s tons more. This Sunday we are having a huge charity car show: http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51282 and there will be 2500 cars, many Lambos and Ferrari’s and many of the people at that party will be there as well, but probably not Hayden…

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
She's a little girl! You sicken me...

Anyways. The whole thing does look tasteless. Maybe Lamborghinis became too easy to drive. It used to kill casual drivers.
She's 18 years old now, so she's an adult. I'm sure there's plenty of older men that think she's hot and would like to go out with her... Sounds weird but i've seen crazier things....
Old 11-27-2007, 04:03 PM   #9
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by hwjunkie View Post
She's 18 years old now, so she's an adult. I'm sure there's plenty of older men that think she's hot and would like to go out with her... Sounds weird but i've seen crazier things....
Don't get so fighty. We know it's not a car show, and we don't care that there weren't other cars. But it's true that Lambos kinda lost their edge and that opening event does look a bit tasteless.

And yeah, she's 18, I guess. But still... I don't settle well with "she's an adult" ideology. And she's too short.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:18 PM   #10
hwjunkie
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
Don't get so fighty. We know it's not a car show, and we don't care that there weren't other cars. But it's true that Lambos kinda lost their edge and that opening event does look a bit tasteless.

And yeah, she's 18, I guess. But still... I don't settle well with "she's an adult" ideology. And she's too short.
OK, I just wanted to clear it up in case you didn't know that... And it's arguable that "Lambo has lost their edge" as well as the party being tasteless. Everyone I spoke to loved the party and i've only seen good comments about it (until now)... I guess it depends on what you are into. If you have ever gone to Las Vegas and gone to one of the night clubs that you have to know someone to get into, this was pretty much that, but at a car dealership. There was something for everybody, but it was geared towards the younger crowd. If you didn't care to see the girls on the bull and swings, you could just go inside and stand by the two cars, but trust me, I only went in that area to get some air, most of the people were in the other areas, much more crowded. If you didn't like sushi, well, than you were pretty much outta luck for the most part, but for me, I love sushi, I love hot girls, I love Lambos and I love getting together and "partying" with friends, so the party was a win, win, win, win for me, and I'm pretty sure everyone else there.

And I wasn't saying I was going to try to date Hayden, I'm happily married, and even if I wasn't, she wouldn't think twice about me, but I see plenty of younger girls with older guys, especially guys with exotic cars... I wonder why a teenager would want to go out with a a guy two or even three times her age....
I think you can pretty much figure that out yourself....

But now that I've got your attention, if you guys are in Southern California and aren't busy Sunday, come out to the motor4toys event in Westlake Village, www.motor4toys.com , there will be 2500+ cars. The Lambos are meeting right there where the party was at Lamborghini Calabasas at 8:00 AM and caravaning in, so come on out!
Old 11-27-2007, 07:55 PM   #11
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Hahahahaha. I didn't mean anything serious. But alright. Whatever works.

I'm 21-ish. And I don't like girls who are too short (thus looking small). That's just me.