Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 03-03-2004, 08:20 AM   #1
jaybv6
Regular User

Default My Friend's new car

My mate used to own the following car, a Mitsubishi FTO Mivec. After spending a stack load on it modifying the beast he sold it and has now purchased another "rare" motor (In the UK that is).

So his recent purcahse is a Honda Integra Type-R. 220 Bhp, Limited slip diff, 6 speed box and goes like stink. It looks good too with the Blue suede Recaro bucket seats. What do you think?

Here's the engine bay

Front profiles

The rear end

It's all completly standard at the moment apart from a recklessly loud exhaust. Plans are on the way though for a full Zex Nitrous kit, carbon fibre Bonnett and Rear wing. 19" alloys are also on the cards.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:37 AM   #2
gis
Regular User

i think your friend is a lucky bastard,makes a change seein the new integra type R,far to many civic type R's IMO in the uk.he has got it in my favourite colour aswell,lol i got the 1:18 model of this car a couple weeks back.

if u could get more pics and a vid would be awesome jay,this is my favourite FWD car

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 08:45 AM   #3
jon_s
Regular User

Certainly don't see many of them about in the UK!!
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 09:22 AM   #4
jaybv6
Regular User

Danny, for sure. I will be getting some vids after I have fitted the Zex 100bhp nitrous kit.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:45 AM   #5
gis
Regular User

that should be cool.is he just fitting nitrous to it,if so can the engine handle a direct 100 shot?

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 10:09 AM   #6
KaBlookie
Regular User

Location: born near Toronto, Canada, living near Philly, PA, USA

That's a really, really nice car! I love those...

A couple of nights ago, I was with my friend in his 2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V (203 FWHP), and we were cruisin with a couple of his friends: 2002 Acura RSX Type-S with CAI and exhaust, and a really modded WRX (pushin about 280hp), and when my friend and I raced the RSX, we were just edging him out, and my friend only has an exhaust on his car...

Hope you guys have some fun in that thing! they sound wonderful

96 Acura Integra SE sedan with some goodies
KaBlookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 11:05 AM   #7
TT
Regular User

Nice and rare very good choice and in blue it's better than the usual white

But why not an RWD just to change
Old 03-03-2004, 02:19 PM   #8
ibetipsy
Regular User

very nice car. they are called the ACURA RSX over here in the states but the best we get are those disappointing Type-s over here with 200hp (i think thats a very very optomistic figure). still though im envious of the car. nos? stock? the engine can handle it?
Old 03-03-2004, 02:29 PM   #9
Tomerville
Regular User

That is amazing! Us American's fantasize over your NSX-R's, Integra (RSX) Type-R's, and all the other lovely VTECHs you get. Is that really a Type-R? or is it just an Integra with Honda's Factory Performance equipment making it resemble a Type R? It has Honda's FP wheels, and no famous "Type-R" badges. Still, sweet, sweet ride and an awsome time-attack car. good luck to your friend with it!

"Time is a versitile performer: it flies, marches, heals all wounds, runs out and will tell"
-Franklin Jones

^The definition of grip. Nav+Bose (standard) Arctic Silver on Blue, Heaven on Earth. '05 911 Turbo^
Tomerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 02:29 PM   #10
aliendude012
Regular User

Originally Posted by gis
that should be cool.is he just fitting nitrous to it,if so can the engine handle a direct 100 shot?

I dunno. Im not too up-to-par on the newest Type Rs, but older vtec engines had rather high compression ratios. F/I wasn't always the best idea for them. I was told to turbo my prelude to swap out the vtec head for a plain DOHC head and put in lower compression internals. The turbo probably wouldnt have gotten me 100hp either. I'd suggest doing a little work before throwing a 100 shot right into it. Unless you wanna see your hood 10 ft in the air

Btw, the FTO is so damn sexy. Why didn't we ever get that here in the states? Or did we and I missed it? I've always loved how that car looks

My dogs better 'cuz he gets Kennelrations.
FCE Forums
aliendude012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 02:33 PM   #11
Tomerville
Regular User

Yeah, Nitrous and VTECHs don't mix well. Plus, its FWD...I would hope your pal isn't using it for the 400m, but for trackdays.

"Time is a versitile performer: it flies, marches, heals all wounds, runs out and will tell"
-Franklin Jones

^The definition of grip. Nav+Bose (standard) Arctic Silver on Blue, Heaven on Earth. '05 911 Turbo^
Old 03-03-2004, 02:42 PM   #12
aliendude012
Regular User

Nitrous and track arent too helpful either. When are you gonna use it, in the chicane? Its only really good for long(pit) straights.

FCE Forums
Old 03-03-2004, 02:46 PM   #13
Tomerville
Regular User

Yeah, Nitrous and VTECHs don't mix well. Plus, its FWD...I would hope your pal isn't using it for the 400m, but for trackdays.
That was a typo, I meant I hope he isn't using his Integra for 400M, but I hope he is using the car (without nitrous) on the track

-Franklin Jones

Old 03-03-2004, 02:47 PM   #14
aliendude012
Regular User

Ahh. Ok.

FCE Forums
Old 03-03-2004, 04:29 PM   #15
Drive4Ever
Regular User

i love those cars, what happen to the stock wheels?
Drive4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote