Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > Car Gallery

Old 12-08-2004, 06:48 PM   #1
jon_s
Regular User

Default The ultimate R34? **Pics re-hosted by TT**

Some rich French guy bought his R34 GTR with the idea of going a little wild...

Basically he wanted a copy of the JGTC (Japanese Touring Cars) Skylines. However no-one sold the wide arch kit to non race teams..

So - he got it copied - in carbon fibre...

No only that - he got all the drivetrain redesigned, completely redesigned the suspension & everything about the car. (rather than the barry method of some spacers lol )

The end result is below...

However - he didnt just stop there because he wanted the engine to be a bit special. So what he thought he would do is drop a V12 Quad turbo engine in it. Now it's actually 2 RB26 Skyline GTR engines welded together to create one big V12, rather than the Skyline straight 6...

Target of a reliable 1000bhp, target weight of 1000kgs. 1000bhp per tonne with a proper race car chassis, suspension & sequential gearbox...

Does it get any madder?

I think I am in love lol

jon_s crosses fingers hoping it is not a repost.....but now has a strange feeling that it is, and from a while ago too lol bolloxs
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 06:52 PM   #2
TT
Regular User

No repost I think, and mad for sure, but the "reliable 1000 hp" part and the car beeing taken around on a truck are a bit fishy together
Old 12-08-2004, 06:53 PM   #3
jon_s
Regular User

hahahaha, don't think it is road legal....or should that be, I hope it is not road legal! That would explain the flat bed.
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 06:57 PM   #4
TT
Regular User

Ah well yes indeed I doubt French laws would ever allow such a thing to hit the roads legally
Old 12-08-2004, 06:59 PM   #5
astonmartinandy
Regular User

That is incredible! Not my taste in the aesthetics department, but you cannot fault someone who builds a V12 out of two RB26's
"It's not long before Marco arrives, but he's at least five minutes behind an epic wall of noise that's been bouncing off the rock faces like a sonic pinball. Onlookers, of which there are many, seem relieved when the livid red Ferrari skims into view, happier still when they see it's driven by a friendly Italian, and not, as the thunderous sound effects suggested, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse." Evo #059
astonmartinandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 07:18 PM   #6
sentra_dude

I read about this car in a car magazine a while back, glad to hear its still around, and the engine is very impressive. All I knew was that it had a V12...didn't know it was made from two RB26's with 1000hp!

Even if it was road legal...just look at the ride height, and I'm guessing it has pretty close to a racing suspension and slick tires...not exactly road friendly.

Must be fast with 1000hp and 1000kg.

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 07:29 PM   #7
gigdy
Regular User

bandwidth all sorts of exceeded
Old 12-08-2004, 07:59 PM   #8
findleybeast
Regular User

^^--- ya bandwidth exceeded for me too, but it sounds awesome. appears like the guy may have taken some engine ideas from TVR (speed 12 engine anyone?). Imagine seeing a monster like that on the road? it does make me wonder how he fabricated a crankcase for it though, since he doesn't have factory support?

Xbox Live Gamertag: TheSlusbe
findleybeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 08:57 PM   #9
SilviaEvo
Regular User

at first i thought he just put a V12 in it but i read on to see that it was two RB26DETT's now that is a monster. look out 350Z you older brother has just dominated you
Old 12-08-2004, 09:10 PM   #10
sikx5
Regular User

Wow thats an awesome find jon. Thats a hell of a lot of re-designing. wish the pics were up. but far out, that thing sounds mad!!
Old 12-08-2004, 09:18 PM   #11
SilviaEvo
Regular User

^^ i dont know what is wrong the pictures for you but it is working fine for me
Old 12-08-2004, 09:31 PM   #12
ikon2003
Regular User

Yeah, that's crazy. I've heard of some skylines getting up towards that 1000bhp, but on the high boost straight sixes; never heard of this welded together business... very interesting. nice find. would love to see the pics too.
ikon2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 12:01 AM   #13
Sir_GT
Regular User

The pics are still working. Just right click the "exceeded bandwith" links, then go to properties, then copy and paste the link to another browser.

THAT, my dear gentleman, was the right way to set up a Japanese car. All people who are thinking of modifying their cars should look towards that direction - the JGTC or Le Mans's GT cars.

Makes me wish I had the car and the money to turn a 350Z into a JGTC job.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:58 AM   #14
gobs3z
Regular User

^^^smart man, way to screw the system, haha. Thats a gorgeous with attention to detail and those headers are something else to look at, thats power. I like how the engine is strictly for racing, and none of that show shit with all those matching color wires and piping. I wish they had a DTM wide body kit for my GTi!

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 01:09 AM   #15
possessed_beaver
Regular User

i think this guy needs help from a decent tuning company i mean wtf is the point of another RB 26 in the car to produce umm 1000bhp, you can EASLEY get that with one rb26! so this guy is a bit of a tool

and i feel sorry for whoever has to work on this cars ECU...

anyone know gearbox info, is it a holinger gearbox?
possessed_beaver is offline   Reply With Quote