Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 07-15-2005, 03:53 PM   #1
blah
Regular User

Default Porsche guys on the Z06

Thought i would share this with you guys.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...5&pagenumber=1

Read this on 6speed. Seems like a few people just wanna bash the car just to bash it.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:10 PM   #2
blah
Regular User

Also the statement about the M3 on page 3 is just ignorant. Bangles current designs weigh less than the the previous models. Just because a car has a certain look to its design doesnt make it heavy. PRetty ignorant statements for people who are suppose to be connoisseurs of cars. :roll: :roll:
Old 07-15-2005, 04:12 PM   #3
RC45
Regular User

That;s true.

But this is all that needs to be said

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by KJM3SMG
I'll wait when it drops value by 30-40% in the first 6 months.. hehe...

Z06 and C6 used prices I have now seen for $38k hehehe..

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...p=y&cardist=588

I've seen C5 Z06s dip below $30k.

Maybe the C6 Z06 will keep value better while demand is high.. but it will drop like a CHEVY.. drop, LIKE A ROCK.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought a new 2003 TT X-50 from my local Porsche dealer in Sept. of 2003. My car listed for $144,000. I sold it a year and a half later (two months ago) on Ebay for $95,000. In that year and a half it lost $49,000. My car was in perfect, as new condition with only 9,000 miles on the odometer. I feel I got top dollar for my car as the dealer I bought it from wanted to buy it from me for $85,000. I have bought many new BMW's from them in the past so I believe he was sincere in his offer and statement. I have also watched Ebay for some time and I have not seen another go higher than what I got.

That being said, I could buy a 2006 C6 Z06. Pay list price of $69,000, sell it a year and a half later for $20,000. and still be ahead of the hit to my Porsche. However if I use your example I should be able to sell the Z06 for $48,300 at your 30% hit. That leaves a total loss of $20,700. This means that I would loose less than half the amount buying this piece of crap Chevy than I did on my Porsche, the finest car made.

Thanks for your post, I'm going to buy the C6 Z06 and just have fun.

I will be happy to park a new Z06 next to my CGT. The car is a tremendous performance value and I like the heritage the Corvettes have generated over the years. I enjoy going to Corvette shows and looking at all the Corvette history.

I am proud GM, Ford and Dodge are still producing American muscle that competes with the European supercars.

And if GM produces the 600HP supercharged blue devil I'll gladly buy one of those as well. I own cars to please only myself. That's my demographic.

But I agree with those who don't like the styling. No matter how hard I try I just don't like it. I was hoping for a retro/modern style like the old 67 Vettes similiar to the new mustang concepts.

05 CGT
05 GT2

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 04:14 PM   #4
blah
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
That;s true.

But this is all that needs to be said

quote:
Originally posted by KJM3SMG
I'll wait when it drops value by 30-40% in the first 6 months.. hehe...

Z06 and C6 used prices I have now seen for $38k hehehe..

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...p=y&cardist=588

I've seen C5 Z06s dip below $30k.

Maybe the C6 Z06 will keep value better while demand is high.. but it will drop like a CHEVY.. drop, LIKE A ROCK.

I bought a new 2003 TT X-50 from my local Porsche dealer in Sept. of 2003. My car listed for $144,000. I sold it a year and a half later (two months ago) on Ebay for $95,000. In that year and a half it lost $49,000. My car was in perfect, as new condition with only 9,000 miles on the odometer. I feel I got top dollar for my car as the dealer I bought it from wanted to buy it from me for $85,000. I have bought many new BMW's from them in the past so I believe he was sincere in his offer and statement. I have also watched Ebay for some time and I have not seen another go higher than what I got.

That being said, I could buy a 2006 C6 Z06. Pay list price of $69,000, sell it a year and a half later for $20,000. and still be ahead of the hit to my Porsche. However if I use your example I should be able to sell the Z06 for $48,300 at your 30% hit. That leaves a total loss of $20,700. This means that I would loose less than half the amount buying this piece of crap Chevy than I did on my Porsche, the finest car made.

Thanks for your post, I'm going to buy the C6 Z06 and just have fun.

blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 05:38 PM   #5
Guibo
Regular User

"Glad to see they ditched the Leaf Springs for a Double Wishbone suspension!" Classic. Half of them seem to be snobs who don't know WTF they're talking about.

Resale...you can find pretty decent 996's for ~$30K.
Here's a Turbo that met reserve at $75K. Roughly 40% depreciation, using the Turbo with no options as a baseline.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4560719060

More doses of reality:
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...5&pagenumber=2

The other half on that forum appear to be bonafide car enthusiasts.
Guibo is offline   Reply With Quote