Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 05-21-2005, 04:42 AM   #1
BACR
Regular User

Default Worst crash ever!

Well not really the worst crash, but the crash that had the biggest impact on you.....
Old 05-21-2005, 04:50 AM   #2
numerouno
Regular User

Are we supposed to talk about the bad crashes we witnessed or ...?
numerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 07:06 AM   #3
BACR
Regular User

No crashes that haapend to you.
Old 05-21-2005, 09:18 AM   #4
gucom
Regular User

erm last year when driving back from austria, in the night on an unlit Autobahn, a car came up WITH NO LIGHTS ON from behind us, doing FAST. We didn't see it coming, but then another car came up on the autobahn, and we moved left to make room for that car. The car coming up from behind us tried to avoid us and crashed HARD into the guardrail, and then bounced off into the forest on the other side of the road...dunno exactly if he survived it all but i heard nothing of ppl being killed so lets just hope that he did...(suvive)

BTW the car didnt hit us so technically we weren't in the crash
Old 05-21-2005, 09:54 AM   #5
sndr
Regular User

I had a crash last week. I work for car-rent company as Hiker and their are a lot of people who don't know the road and searching for directions.
And there was one guy who drove an old Mercedes who decided to change lanes at the last moment and he didn't see me at all so he drove his car in the side of the Volvo V70 i was driving with 60 km/h. All the side airbag went off and the Volvo has about €10000,- of damage
Old 05-21-2005, 10:29 AM   #6
|Nuno|
Regular User

Well, I only had one so far.

It was last year, around Easter. We (me and my parents) were coming back from a trip to the north of the country... Usually we take the Highway during pretty much all the trip, but that time we took a B- road first instead, and then the Highway would follow a couple of kms later. At around 20:00, on that same B- road we were going at around 90 Km/h when coming out of nowhere a wild boar jumps to the road right in front of us... Needless to say, without time and space to avoid it, we hit it at about 60 Km/h...

The car, a Fiat Brava 1.2 16V on that time was totalled... The boar died of course, but it was in one piece - no blood, NOTHING. If I didn't know the circunstances, I'd say it was asleep in the middle of the road. It hit us in the front, but more on the passanger's side, which caused the car to go to the other side of the road (luckily no one was coming from that side), hitting the protection wall and fucking up the whole left of the car...

Apart from the car, no other damage was caused - we didn't even had a scratch, but the car was wortless. It had 5 years, 70000 kms and was an awesome machine - never gave us the slightest problem. Since the damage was so big (the engine and gearbox mounts were gone, among many other things, including the AC unit and the Lambda sensor, which by themselves were around 2000 €, and the same gearbox backed way 3 centimeters) the insurance gave us the totalled car and its commercial value.

What's ironic is that a few minutes before the crash we were talking about getting a new car... Which we then had to do...
Old 05-21-2005, 10:44 AM   #7
dingo
Regular User

I have only been in one crash and that was only a minor collision - a blonde bimbo reversed out of her car park and into me as I drove past :x It caused $500 damage to my car so nothing to major
My dad has been in a big accident though, when he was younger (38yo) he was riding his bike in Austria and run over by a car - he spent a few weeks in hospital The bastard driver didn't even stop and I don't think he/she was ever caught - luckily I was too young at the time to really know what was going on

Originally Posted by |Nuno|
Well, I only had one so far.

It was last year, around Easter. We (me and my parents) were coming back from a trip to the north of the country... Usually we take the Highway during pretty much all the trip, but that time we took a B- road first instead, and then the Highway would follow a couple of kms later. At around 20:00, on that same B- road we were going at around 90 Km/h when coming out of nowhere a wild boar jumps to the road right in front of us... Needless to say, without time and space to avoid it, we hit it at about 60 Km/h...

The car, a Fiat Brava 1.2 16V on that time was totalled... The boar died of course, but it was in one piece - no blood, NOTHING. If I didn't know the circunstances, I'd say it was asleep in the middle of the road. It hit us in the front, but more on the passanger's side, which caused the car to go to the other side of the road (luckily no one was coming from that side), hitting the protection wall and fucking up the whole left of the car...

Apart from the car, no other damage was caused - we didn't even had a scratch, but the car was wortless. It had 5 years, 70000 kms and was an awesome machine - never gave us the slightest problem. Since the damage was so big (the engine and gearbox mounts were gone, among many other things, including the AC unit and the Lambda sensor, which by themselves were around 2000 €, and the same gearbox backed way 3 centimeters) the insurance gave us the totalled car and its commercial value.

What's ironic is that a few minutes before the crash we were talking about getting a new car... Which we then had to do...
sounds pretty scary- what did you do with the boar?
Old 05-21-2005, 11:04 AM   #8
|Nuno|
Regular User

sounds pretty scary- what did you do with the boar?
Hahaha, you're like the 20th person to ask me that. Every time I tell someone about the crash, that's the first question.

Even the people who stopped to see if we were okay asked if they could take the boar...

We handed it to the authorites, which then took it to "one charity institution" (yeah right...).

And dude... That sucks about your dad's accident - I fucking hate when people do that hit & run thing. :x Can't they take their responsabilities...?

The same happened last week with my uncle - some idiot rear ended his car (which was parked next to his house) and then ran away...

And here comes the stupid part:

He went back home... Yes, home - we followed the oil track back to his place and then called the Police. Really, you need to be stupid to do something like that... :roll:
Old 05-21-2005, 02:40 PM   #9
crayzayjay
Regular User

I've had one crash: a bus drove into the side of my car while i was stationary :roll:

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 04:58 PM   #10
gottacatchup
Regular User

Originally Posted by gucom
erm last year when driving back from austria, in the night on an unlit Autobahn, a car came up WITH NO LIGHTS ON from behind us, doing FAST. We didn't see it coming, but then another car came up on the autobahn, and we moved left to make room for that car. The car coming up from behind us tried to avoid us and crashed HARD into the guardrail, and then bounced off into the forest on the other side of the road...dunno exactly if he survived it all but i heard nothing of ppl being killed so lets just hope that he did...(suvive)

BTW the car didnt hit us so technically we weren't in the crash
Same kinda thing happened to me. I was changing lanes with my signal on and everything but a corvette came up from behind going way too fast in the lane next to the one i was moving into. For some reason he tried to dart into my lane and then realised that i was already mostly moved over. He started fishtailing next to me and ended up spinnin around infront of my car and backing into the opposite wall of the freeway after crossing 4 lanes. Somehow he managed not to slam into the side of my car or any others afterloosing control.
Old 05-21-2005, 05:03 PM   #11
gigdy
Regular User

This one here

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8338
Old 05-22-2005, 01:24 PM   #12
SilviaEvo
Regular User

doing about 40 on the road then all of a sudden on the side of the road (3 way turn) this drunk driver comes charging in at like 30 into the middle of the road with an Audi and i crash it headfirst on the front left part of my families car. then the bastard runs away without looking back and we were surrounded by a bunch of witnesses who got the plates AND his car broke down in front of a police car about a mile away btw i was driving an RX300 and the car held its shape and everything but the crash wasnt fun.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:14 PM   #13
leo_26782
Regular User

It was a few years ago, I was going with my mom to Florence in Italia. She was driving (a red Ford Sierra), on a highway, faster than what she could handle (over 180 km/h). Than, acorrding to her, somebody was arriving faster and wanted to pass (we were on the left lane). As he stayed close to her, she tried to move back in the right lane (too) quickly for the car, and it started going sideways. We went left, right, left, ... , and we ended in a field on the right of the road, doing a few flip. Hopefully, none of us were hurt, but the car was completely dead. Our holidays ended there this year.
leo_26782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 08:53 PM   #14
thekillingroad
Regular User

rain... just new rain.. you know... the worst contiditon... only 70kmh!!!!! I was on the sidewalk.....
Old 05-23-2005, 12:55 AM   #15
dangerously_cool
Regular User

I've yet had only one, though my mom was t-boned by a bastard running a red light. He hit her going 50 right on the B pillar. It spun her around, and she took out a median sign, and wound up on the other side of the road. The cops blocked off my street and I passed her without even knowing it was her. The bastards wouldn't let me see. I liked this Passat, and the fucker totaled it.

Mine is a stationary accident. I parked behind a kid who was a friend of mine, and he'd had his license 4 days. He backed into the front of my car, and caused $3500 in damage.