Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 11-03-2003, 10:01 AM   #1
chernobyl
Regular User

Default Burns withdrawn from Rally Great Britain

Richard has been hospitalised [03/11/03 - 12:34]

End of season for Burns

ichard Burns has been hospitalised yesterday evening, after fainting. Doctors will give an update today on their diagnosis and the seriousness of his state of health. From now on they have already declared that Richard Burns will not be authorized to recce and to enter the Network Q Rally of Great Britain which will take place next weekend.

The entire Peugeot Sport Team express its solidarity and wishes Richard a prompt recovery.

Due to this case of force majeure, Peugeot Sport has asked FIA, on the basis of article 5.1.4 of the General Prescriptions and Article 2.3 of the Regulations of the World Rally Championship, to authorize the crew Freddy Loix – Sven Smeets to replace the crew Richard Burns – Robert Reid.
chernobyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 10:20 AM   #2
TT
Regular User

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! I know the end of the season was not great for him, but he deserved a go in the last round!!! He was so close to another title
Old 11-03-2003, 10:21 AM   #3
XTwinTurboVR4X
Regular User

WOW.. that totally blows his hopes for the championship then

Performance Numbers: 465awhp/482ft-lbs @ 24psi or ~550 flywheel horses.
Performance Modifications: AAM Air Intakes, AAM Fuel Rails, AEM EMS, ATR Downpipe, ATR Test Pipe, Blitz SBC-id, Blitz Power Meter, Blitz Turbo Timer, Borla Catback Exhaust, Brembo Rotors, Chrome Y-Pipe, Eibach Ground Control Coil 2.0" Drop, Fidanza Fly Wheel, Goodrich Steel Braided Brake Lines, Cusco Rear Strut Bar, Greddy boost/EGT/Fuel-Air gauges, Gutted Precats, HKS Intercoolers, HKS Intercooler Hard Pipes, HKS Hi-Flow Fuel Pump, HKS DLi Ignition, HKS Sequential BOV, Accel Wires, NGK Spark Plugs (0.033"), RPS Stage-3 Sprung 6-disks Clutch, SMC alchohol kit, T.E.C Front Strut Bar, Dynamic Racing 650R Turbochargers, 720cc injectors, Spec-800 Race Engine built by AAM with JE forged pistons/Crower forged rods.

Non-Performance Mods: 94VR4 to 98VR4 conversion, HID headlights, Konig Villains 18x9, Kumho 265X18X35, Real Leather Shift Knob Cover, Synthetic fluids. Polished by Dave Best: Manifold, HKS intercooler pipes, exhaust covers, 3000GT VR4 spark plug cover.

Powder Coated Red by Dave Best: Valve Covers
XTwinTurboVR4X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 10:30 AM   #4
chernobyl
Regular User

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
WOW.. that totally blows his hopes for the championship then

To state the obvious..hehe
:p
chernobyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 10:31 AM   #5
TT
Regular User

I wonder what the hell did happen to him to stressed? But if they won't allow him to race it should be something at least a little more severe than that...
Old 11-03-2003, 10:36 AM   #6
stradale
Regular User

This is not the way you want to see the championship being decided. Burns is not my favourite driver, but I sure hope he's going to be OK.
Old 11-03-2003, 10:40 AM   #7
TT
Regular User

Just found on wrc.com:

His co-driver Robert Reid said: "The doctors have basically told Richard not to do the rally. He's having more tests done today, but he's in good form considering the circumstances. Obviously he's hugely disappointed about the whole thing. I thought this year would have a sting in the tail, but I wasn't quite prepared for this."

At least he is ok
Old 06-16-2004, 12:38 PM   #8
levensnevel
Regular User

An update on Richard's situation can be read here:

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/motorrac...239853,00.html

I sincerely wish that Richard, and everyone close to him, will find the strength to cope with everything life is throwing on them.

Niets of niemand zegt dat het echt moet
En toch, of juist daarom,wil je het beleven....

Weblog
levensnevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 12:44 PM   #9
TT
Regular User

I think Reid got it right... I really hope Richard will recover and will have a "new" normal and stressfree life... for sure to come back in WRC is not as important as to fully recover from such a terrible thing!

but we already saw some crazy come back as T. Muster (Tennis), who had a terrible accident and converted himself into a lefthander in his late twenties I think and because ATP's number 1...
Or H. Mayer (Ski).. he almost lost a leg in a motorbike accident.. they almost chirurgically removed the leg, but in the end they didn't and he came back on top..

So, again, all the best wishes go do Richard, hoping for a speedy and complete recover!
Old 06-16-2004, 12:49 PM   #10
cooperluke
Regular User

Hope he as nothing serious and that can come back to his car and compete with the others!

cooperluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 04:06 AM   #11
zachiot1
Regular User

He can come back. Just look to Lance Armstrong in the Tour de France. After a cancer, he has never been so strong
Old 06-17-2004, 05:00 AM   #12
jakaracman
Regular User

I just hope he gets well ... My wife works in radiation therapy so I pretty much know how it goes.
Best wishes, Richard!