Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 07-12-2004, 11:59 PM   #1
blinkmeat
Regular User

Default Any news on Jacques?

Just wondering
blinkmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 05:02 AM   #2
yg60m
Regular User

There were strong rumours on his come back in Williams some weeks ago but now it seems that it was just a rumour. ...
Old 07-13-2004, 05:08 AM   #3
chipanggo
Regular User

looks like this rumor has fizzled out now, but i'll still keep my eye on this one. i'd really like to see villeneuve back in f1. hopefully in a williams or in another competitive car.
chipanggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 09:36 AM   #4
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

I always thought that the coming back of Jacques Villeneuve was never going to come true, mostly due to the poor 2 years at least on the BAR team, and mostly as well because Jaques was beaten clearly last season by Jenson Button, when he wasnt supposed to be.
Ford Capri 2.8i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 10:32 PM   #5
blinkmeat
Regular User

So there's nothing more on the rumour front?
blinkmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 03:35 PM   #6
ae86_16v
Regular User

By the way, apparently he contacted David Richards and that he wants to work something out. He wants to put the past behind him and resolve their relationships. He also said that he was hungry to get back into F1.

This happened this weekend by the way.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 07:02 PM   #7
Toronto
Regular User

as ae86_16v said he told a british newspaper that he is talking to BAR,
BAR has said nothing,
Old 08-19-2004, 10:39 AM   #8
spd
Regular User

I think this is just a plain rumours!!!
spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 03:33 AM   #9
ae86_16v
Regular User

Now he is talking to Sauber. Damn, this guy is desperate.

Villeneuve more determined than ever
to make a come back in 2005

There is a lot of talk about Jacques Villeneuve's possible return to BAR in 2005 but it seems that the Canadian is looking at more than one option for a drive in Formula One next season.

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Villeneuve visited the Sauber facilities in Hinwil (Switzerland) two days ago. The 1997 World Champion didn't make any comment about his three-hour visit in Hinwil.

Villeneuve arrived from Montreal and left the Sauber factory by helicopter, heading back to his home in Villars, Switzerland.

Asked if Villeneuve will replace Giancarlo Fisichella in 2005, Peter Sauber only replied that "nothing has been decided yet..."
http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlin...19163933.shtml
Old 08-20-2004, 03:04 PM   #10
Toronto
Regular User

if he signs with Sauber that would be a good combo, remeber the last Villeneuve/ferrari team
Old 08-20-2004, 11:10 PM   #11
ae86_16v
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ronin005
i dont blame him one bit, if i was him i would try and talk to every team. and Sauber is in need of a driver, and with thier proggression this season so far it wouldnt be a bad fit for JV. he just has to remember that well its Sauber and itll be a long time before they ever become very competitive.
Yeah, but I thought one of the conditions for coming back (as well as leaving BAR) was that it has to be with a competitive team, which BAR wasn't last year.

I would tried to get a ride with either BAR or well, I guess BAR is the only team that is competitive that doesn't have drivers locked up yet.

I don't think he'll be a good fit for a developing team. I think he wants to win and wants to win now.

I am looking forward for him to come back though.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:03 PM   #12
SPAD
Regular User

I think with some luck JV could get the sauber on the podium.but like i said with some luck.Also der is talk of him going back to B.A.R. and with the winnings they should get from this season i think they will again be fourth or fifth next year.it would be nice to see him do well again.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:21 AM   #13
chipanggo
Regular User

JV in a sauber doesn't seem to click for me. with BAR's performance this season, it will definitely be nice to see JV running a competitive car like the BAR.
chipanggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 09:54 AM   #14
ae86_16v
Regular User

On to Renault. . .

Renault look to Villeneuve as Trulli alternative
Villeneuve is at Silverstone this week

Renault might replace Jarno Trulli with former world champion Jacques Villeneuve for the last three Grands Prix of the 2004 Formula One season in China, Japan and Brazil.

Sources close to the French team said they were negotiating with Trulli who leaves for Toyota next season.

"A decision should be taken Wednesday," he added.

Villeneuve, who left BAR last year before the season-ending Japanese Grand Prix, was at Silverstone this week where Renault were testing before flying to Shangai for the Chinese GP.

If Villeneuve feels he is not ready then Renault might replace Trulli with French driver Frank Montagny.

The Canadian, who won the world championship in 1997, had also been talked about as a possible replacement at Sauber for Italian driver Giancarlo Fisichella, who will move to Renault next year.
http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlin...14123341.shtml
Old 09-14-2004, 04:08 PM   #15
ingko
Regular User

Well, looks like Jacques is testing for Renault on Wed and Thurs. He apparently had a seat fitting on Tuesday according to F1-live. Can't wait to hear how he does.

The Mild Seven Renault F1 Team this evening announced that French- Canadian Jacques Villeneuve will test for the team at Silverstone on Wednesday and Thursday.

Villeneuve conducted a seat-fitting at the team's Enstone base on Tuesday evening, and will begin acclimatising himself to the Renault R24 tomorrow at the Northamptonshire circuit.

Mild Seven Renault F1 Team Managing Director Flavio Briatore commented:

"We have reached an agreement for Jacques to test for the team at Silverstone on Wednesday and Thursday. This test might lead to Jacques joining the team for the final three races of the season beginning next week at the Chinese Grand Prix."
ingko is offline   Reply With Quote