Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

View Poll Results: Do you know what the word 'racism' means
yes 18 81.82%
no 3 13.64%
don't know 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 01:40 PM   #1
batgirl
Regular User

Default Do you know what the word 'racism' means

because looking at the other poll you sure as fuck don't
Old 05-19-2007, 02:10 PM   #2
gangajas
Regular User

I'm a racist and a terrorist, at least that is what our dear friend RC45 says and he's always right
Old 05-19-2007, 03:26 PM   #3
novass
Regular User

Im a race-ist, which means I like racing

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
Old 05-19-2007, 06:27 PM   #4
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso
RACISM = RC45.
Wow - you are so quick to publicly libel someone.

But then again, I guess your family has an army of lawyers on call to keep your drug abuse out of the way of your medical career anyway.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:13 PM   #5
saadie
Regular User

Originally Posted by gangajas
I'm a racist and a terrorist, at least that is what our dear friend RC45 says and he's always right
... yeah .. the old man needs to find something better to do in life
Old 05-19-2007, 08:48 PM   #6
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmuller
Yes, I do know what the term racism denotes, but unfortunately it seems that some of the most outspoken members on this topic do not see it in their own language and attitude toward others.
I wonder if you don't just want to be seen as a "good white male" (if in fact you a white male) and are hedging your "popularity points" by taking the stance you do - so "they" won't come after you, that's all

Strong discussion and vehement debate is not bigotry or racism.

The terms bigotry and racism are such HUGE political correctness crutches in the modern western world.. that all the while the ENTIRE non-western world openly promotes and espouses hatred, murder and anger towards the west, it is is summarily ignored - and any time there is even a HINT of objection voiced from the west, it is INSTANTLY classed as racism.

This is what is evident in the world, and as a microcosm of said world, JW is in fact displaying the same hypocrisy and political correctness.

My position and stance on JW - which has only ever been to the tune of enquiring words and instigatory investigation, has already had my car vandalized to the tune of thousands of dollars in damages as this hatred has manifested itself in physical action... now let's ask who are the bigoted and racist ones

Now for BMW, he has said some things that I am sure the ignorant have take literally and for that they really hate and despise him.. but is it really his fault when someone misreads what he says ?
Old 05-19-2007, 09:12 PM   #7
Mattk
Regular User

1. Discrimination or prejudice against ones race or another race. exmp. the human race
What? You can't be racist against yourself.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:49 AM   #8
79TA
Regular User

ok, stop with the corny webster's definitions . . . there are a few things that are considered racist.

FIrst off, judging and condemning an individual just because of their ethnicity etc is racist. I think that is something we can all agree on.

Then there is the matter of generalizations. For instance, if you hear a crime was committed in downtown compton, you may or may not assume the criminal was black. If it is true that a majority of criminals caught in compton are in fact black, then the assumption would have cogency and would be a legitimate argument. Some see this as practical while others see it as another form of racism. There are all sorts of grey areas with different scenarios but that sums up that bit.

*note, while democrats in the US would call the form above undoubtedly racist, they nevertheless organize their precinct walks by racial demographics (republicans use past voting records)

Then there is another sort . . . where someone who is not a minority says something negative about someone who is a minority. This is soo obviously racist. Who cares if its true or not, how dare they!

an example of this would be pointing out that Islam in its pure form is hardly a peaceful religion . . . oh no RACIST!

Maybe we should be talking about discrimination against typres of cars.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:08 AM   #9
Mattk
Regular User

but is it really his fault when someone misreads what he says ?
When it is one person, no. If it is many people, yes, because it shows that he hasn't been very clear in explaining what he really means.
Closed Thread