Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 03-27-2007, 05:51 AM   #1
RAMMIUS
Regular User

Default What a moron

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlin...26104627.shtml
Old 03-27-2007, 05:57 AM   #2
ae86_16v
Regular User

I heard Kimi was the same way; that he didn't sign autographs and what not. . .
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:52 AM   #3
5vz-fe
Regular User

As much as I hate Alonso, I think it's a bit unfair to him. If he stop whenever fan request to take pictures then he's in no different with the characters in Disney world.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:39 PM   #4
ingko
Regular User

having fans asking for autographs and obliging is part of the business.. at least in the US where fan appreciation is high on the totem pole. its all a part of being a celebrity. if you dont want it, dont get in it. the exceptions are the weird old men who ask to sign shirts and hats then sell them off at the local collectors store or on ebay, but children should always get sigs upon request in their public setting.
ingko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 02:31 PM   #5
ae86_16v
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas

The best guy is Villenueve without a doubt. We were waiting for him in front of his motorhome at the french Grand Prix in Magny Cours, you know... race weekend, really stressful, no time for no-one... and he stopped for us and let us take a couple of pics to capture the moment! not to mention the amount of pics I have with him at the Barcelona winter tests De La Rosa comes second in that list, and Trulli close in third
Wow I would not expect that from JV. The press does make him look pretty bad though.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 02:34 PM   #6
MidEngine4Life
Regular User

Ive learned not to base these things on one experience. They used to hold a festival for our hockey team here and I would go every year. I wanted our team captains autograph really bad one year and stood in line for hours. Got thrown from the front to the back at one point but made it as one of the last before the event was over. Got his autograph and even a few photos. He seemed like a great guy and everything went well. The next year, he exploded and just took off half way through.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:45 PM   #7
pagani
Regular User

^ that's true - he's just a racing driver afterall...

Nice comparisson BTW
How was m schumacher whit these kind of things.
A racedriver first job is to drive the car very fast fans come second.
8)
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 06:02 PM   #8
TopGearNL
Regular User

Well - I had to wait 4 hours to get my Ferrari cap signed by Schumacher... and I was lucky because he just signed to 3 of the 12 we were waiting for him at the Barcelona track.... until 20h!! :roll: :bah:

And Montoya was also an ass - so was Ralf Schumacher. Asslonso is not the first one, nor the last one. And I quite understand him. Race weekend is not the best moment to catch a F1 driver I guess...

The best guy is Villenueve without a doubt. We were waiting for him in front of his motorhome at the french Grand Prix in Magny Cours, you know... race weekend, really stressful, no time for no-one... and he stopped for us and let us take a couple of pics to capture the moment! not to mention the amount of pics I have with him at the Barcelona winter tests De La Rosa comes second in that list, and Trulli close in third
That hurts about some of them, but others sound quite nice!