Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 01-08-2006, 11:00 AM   #1
komotar
Regular User

Default The cars I drove in the past few months - 7

This is a big one........had verry little time

First up, the Hyundai Getz. A nice , cheap little car that isn't that cheap at all. The ride is not all that bad and with those wheels it doesn't look half bad. The images stinks and the plastics inside would make a grown man cry, but all in all it failed to dissapoint me. I like it.

The Volkswagen Fox. An interesting car. You wouldn't belive the steep hill road I managed to get up in snowy conditions with this car. I thought a few times, "ok, I'm done now" and the car just went on to surprise me....those thin tires did the job. Good quality build but at the end of the day, plastic is plastic The price is the coolest thing about it. Nice little car.

The NIssan Micra. The "fast" one. 110hp that you really feel. Unlike some other small cars where you fail to find all the horses, you think that this one might have a few more than just 110. The only reeeeeeealy bad thing were the seats. No side support at all. It anoyed the shit out of me. Steering is quite good and the boddy roll is just in the area where I can say it's a really fun car to drive.

Ah, the fun in the snow , makes you want to do stupid faces all the time ops:

The Aygo. Fun ride and pleasent to look at but I prefer the C1. The automatic gearbox is shitty but what can you do

The Mitsubishi Grandis. I only spent a few hours in this one so all I can say is, that it's huge and has an ugly colour. It also has a dvd player and a nice little screen for the ones in the back. Interesting interior. Shitty pics ops:

The Mazda 5. The car we all fell in love with. The steering is awfull and the ride can be hard sometimes, but that's what you get if you want a sporty "people carier". Full of gadgets like a hand camera in the back for easy parking....Looks cool to 8)

The 307 Hdi. I love this colour and the car feels nice to drive. Chassis is stiff and the diesel engine pulls nicley. Perfect combination for this car.
Just sporty enough and elegant at the same time. The "interesting" gearbox didn't bother me. The only problem is that the 180 petrol called the "feline" has the exact same susspension settings and the exact same everything except the engine. One would think this would be good but it's not. I mean, for a 115 or so hp diesel it works fine, but a 180 hp petrol which is suppost to be very sporty, well it's just not. I'm telling you this because I drove the feline last night and it didn't impress me at all :x

The Laguna. 140 hp diesel. Sporty like Bill Gates but the comfort level is very, very high. If I were to travell far, I'd take this car before anything else in it's category. Soft ride, not exciting at all. This car is different from all the others. It's made for old people. The boddy roll is just HUUUUUGE.And the steering, well, a boat has more feel than this....

The VW Passat. Great build quality, good ride and not nearly as dull as it's predecessor. Did I spell that right ops:

The 177hp diesel. It goes like hell. Gathering speed nicley when you're well over the legal speed limit. The mirros start to whistle whenever you go over 180, 190 km/h. Anoying. Good car , too bad it is as exciting as the turd you flushed down your toilet this morning. No, wait......

Two Seat Leon's. One diesel(red one 140hp) one petrol(150hp). Both fun to drive. Excellent seats and very sporty. I'd have the red one in a second. Exciting car and people are starting to realize that. Go Seat!

I didn't actually drive this car. Just wen't to see the owner and take some photos. It has a diesel engine, 115 hp or something like that. The amount of work put in it was huuge. Outside imo, it looks ok, but inside, well, I just don't like it.

The FRV. A car that I was expecting a lot from, but at the end I didn't know what all the fuss is about. I just don't think wood should be found inside a Honda and whenever I got in the car, I felt not quite comfortable. The whole interior felt "not right", maybe it was just me.
On the outside it looks very good imo. This colour really suits it. The ride is hard for a car in this category the suspension works very well when driving fast. For a car this size of course.

Drove the new Civic. Was on it's presentation. Just spent 20 min's on the road, but I was impressed. The steering is very direct and the ride very sporty. Drove the 1,8 l 140hp petrol. Likes to rev and I hope it will sell well. Hpe the Type R will blow the competition away. The interior is jaw dropping. Nothing like it.

The Subaru Forester. Off road this thing really delivers. I mean really delivers. Many so called real off roader can't touch it. The Subaru AWD is so well made that it makes you wonder what else is there to invent regarding the AWD, lol. Subaru really needs to work on the interior materials quality.

As you'll see, the car was also in the air some of the time.

Air time at 85km/h ops:

Fiat Croma. People hate it's looks. I quite like it. The outside at least.
I flet that inside it was a bit, well, not as stylish like italians can be. The quality is good. If driven slowly and not fast, the car is very comfortable. I like it. It's different but that won't help Fiat one bit.

The 3 series. 320d. The ride: almost perfect. The interior: Almost perfect. The looks, well, we could have a long conversation about that one.
I liked the car very much. You instantly find the perfect sitting position and from then on, it's like you're one with the car. Not to hard , not to soft. Just right.

The mighty X5. Facelifted or not, this car really has stood the test of time. The interior almost doesn't feel dated. The outside also. The ride is astonishing for this type of car. The engine 3.0d pulls nicley and it is and will be one of my favourite "off roaders".

The 997 4S. Didn't drive it all that much. Like the sound and the build quality is as good as it gets. The stop watch on the dash is cool 8) The amount of grip this car generates is staggering.

I got a bit mental on the details, but can you blame me ops:

This ride was a bit of a surprise for me. A friend who writes for a nother mag called me up and asked me if I wanted to go for a ride...... 8) The sound......the sound.....the sound......the sound.....and the styling, oh my god, the styling.....what S class, what A8, what 7 series.....this is it for me.

We did a photoshoot on an airport. The SL and the plane together.
The wheather was perfect. And I just snapped away. A beautifull day. The car goes like there's no tomorrow.

Hope you enjoyed the show 8)

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 11:06 AM   #2
TT
Regular User

I admit I already saw some previews of all this stuff, especially the best features and hell what a month you had! There are some nice pics in there and some nice cars! Even the smaller one must be interesting to taste anyway!

The airport photosshoot look so fucking pro!
Old 01-08-2006, 11:08 AM   #3
Ghostbat
Regular User

Thanks for all the wonderful pictuers and as always a nice read. Seems like your past months have been ok. Man I'm jealous
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 11:21 AM   #4
TransAm
Regular User

Fantastic, kotomar! I like to read your reports on first impressions of cars, especially interesting is the models we don't get here, small cars like the Fiesta and of course PSA, Renault and Seat cars.

I am glad to hear you are impressed with the new Civic, I think it is a great car. I am waiting to drive the 197hp Si we have over here. I've been to look at the less sporty version when it got unveiled at the Honda dealership. I did consider buying one myself and nearly put down a deposit on the Si coupe in October, but I bought the preowned S2000 instead. I am still sure I made the correct choice, it's a shame I can't justify having two cars in my driveway (my wife will kill me if she reads that so if I disappear from JW then thats why lol)

The SL, and off the public highways where there is no speed limit - how fast did you manage to see on the speedo? What an opportunity. I have driven the SL500 on a mercedes demo day and found it to be a very refined car. It was just about powerful enough to carry its weight and still be fun, and not slow at all. However, I imagine the AMG motor to be just what the car needed.

The Seats I am glad to hear are fun to drive, but I don't like the way seat are going with their mini-MPV look. The interior I saw of one new Seat within the Nov 05 Car or TG magazine looks like a cheap calculator!

You're a lucky guy to get some time in the Maserati and Porsche, I bet those were a great experience in different ways. I am afraid if I needed a big sedan I would still be looking to Germany - the Maserati styling is not to my taste. I loved the biturbo and the spin off sedans they made in the 90s but only the 3200GT with the original rear lights really hits the spot for me. Still, If I was looking to buy a 7er or S, I would certainly have to go and drive that Maserati now based on your report as I must experience the noise!

Thanks again for your writeup 8)

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 11:24 AM   #5
vakpemil
Regular User

Wauw! Amazing, the pictures from the SL are stunning! :shock: hope you enjoyed the rides in the Maserati & Porsche!
Old 01-08-2006, 11:51 AM   #6
komotar
Regular User

thx for the comments to everybody.

@TransAm

I'm glad you like my write ups, I enjoy writing them and really hope people take the time to read them...

I just did one quick blast down the runway, nothing spectacular, just 190km/h. We were only allowed to take pics in a "peacefull" way....

But I did a 270 on the way back on the freeway.

Yeah, so the Civic Type R is called the Si in the states?
It's a very cool car. My neighbor has one and it's a blast to drive.

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...ighlight=civic

some more pics, the R together with the Alfa GT

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...ighlight=civic

About the Maserati. The 7 series and the S and others are waay more comfortable and have much better build qualitys and in some cases better quality materials, but they don't do it for me like the maser does.... 8)

@TT:, that "fuckin' pro" comment made me blush ops: Thx[/url]

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 12:20 PM   #7
No.1
Regular User

Fantastic topic - the GTi and the QP are my favourites

The C4S is also pretty special!

You have an amazing job, and even the ordinary cars must be fun to thrash about in

I suppose driving the "regular" cars allows you to look at them on the street with your own opinion of how they drive, as opposed to the rest of us who just read what the journalists write ops:

The SL + Plane pics look great too - thanks for sharing your experiences - a rare insight into many of these cars indeed :good:
Old 01-08-2006, 01:01 PM   #8
Pehtren
Regular User

i really dont know where to start

i think the BMW ....hmm.....no...the maserati would be my choice, it looks really good, but BMW have always fascinated me 8)(bmw 320d touring)

for the FOX its a lovely car, and nice looks, but whats with the HIPPI chairs :x

at the begining i hated the new civic but more and more now its shape is becoming friendly

in your MEGA post there are some cool pics i like sliding withe the porsche, and the airport ones with the SL55 AMG

.......................i canot write anymore....................................

thanks
Pehtren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 01:35 PM   #9
callen
Regular User

great photos komotar! just when i thought u had a boring month, in pops the 4S and the IMO perfect maserati quattroporte!!! i would love to have one some day and i agree with you about the 7, S class and A8 not being able to hold thier own against this beuaty. no competition!
Old 01-08-2006, 01:50 PM   #10
yeckmohr
Regular User

Very nice job you did.

The best pics are from your airport photo shoot, outstanding pics.

Thanks a lot.
yeckmohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 04:02 PM   #11
Wutputt
Regular User

I was waiting for one of these reviews emerging out from the Slovenian woods
As TransAm I really like reading your short reviews. It gives one a quick idea about a car. I really like the new Civic as well, part of it because it's so different from the rest of the vehicles in the C segment. I like the drifting pic of the QP and the airborne pic of the Forester. And I really don't mind you went a bit mental on the detailed pics of the 997 C4S. You just can't get enough of detailed pics of a gorgeous car. I dig them. But the most impressive pics are the plane SL combo pics. So classy, so pro.

This is my fav:

Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 04:06 PM   #12
MC12
Regular User

Awesome pics Komotar. My fav is the quattroporte and the 911 carrera 4s. I agree with pehtren why does the fox have those hippy chairs . The civic looks really cool in the pics and is a great change to the last generation civic. I saw my first and only vw fox in south france in october but i havent seen one in the UK, must be the same as the Renault twingo its absent from production in the UK
The last pics of the mercedes sl and the aeroplane are awesome. The shoot looks so professional. Awesome pics overall.

Thanks again for a brilliant Topic Komotar and thanks for pics
Old 01-08-2006, 04:44 PM   #13
ae86_16v
Regular User

Amazing. Simply amazing. . I want your job :good: .

Haha!

By the way, the Si is different than the Type R. It is more of a tuned down version.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 05:20 PM   #14
1zippo1
Regular User

Thanks for the interesting read & great pictures that came with it.

Damn, I'm jealous that I don't have your job dude!!

The black carrera 4S is a joy to look at. It just look so muscular!

The Quattroporté looks fantastic in blue doesn't it... And indeed the sound is fantastic, had a ride (as a passenger) in one a couple months back and I loved it!

The looks of the Civic are growing on me, I'm looking forward to the Type R.

Those arefield pics are great btw!
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 05:26 PM   #15
martin100
Regular User

Youre really lucky being able to test drive all these cars esp. the Carrera 4S and my favorite the SL55 ( ). Great pics aswell. Thanks!
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote