Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 10-07-2004, 04:22 AM   #1
liloutlaws
Regular User

Default COMPUTER STILL RESTARTS: 2 questions! GURU'S HELP!

1. after it resets I get some kind of "CTEaxSpl" error or something like that and then it doesn't tell me anything else but that. has any of you guys seen it before?

2. you know how some mobo get hot and then does an automatic restart? how hot does the cpu get before it decides to restart..my cpu right now is around 56 C at the hottest. which looks a little high for my concern.

thanks!. i bought new mobo and cpu and ram. i'm going to switch them all tomorrow. if those aren't the case...could it be my harddrive that's causing the reboot? or maybe the case?

Thanks for all the help!
liloutlaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 05:25 AM   #2
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

I really have no idea...but try www.computing.net, I've solved most of my problems asking on that site, very very useful...I recommend it to everybody...

good luck...

"You stick to building tractors and I will stick to building sports cars" -Enzo Ferrari to Ferruccio Lamborghini...
Chaos in 1983! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 08:22 AM   #3
AlienDB7
Regular User

"cteaxspl.exe is a process belonging to the Creative Soundblaster sound card drivers. It is running at boot up and shows a splash screen for the product."

Update your creative driver. You probably have an Audigy, which is known to crash in certain situation. The card is great but creative has been making crappy drivers these days.

The temperature really depends on the type of CPU you have. It's common for P4 and Athlon to run @ 50-60C.
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 12:58 PM   #4
PATo355
Regular User

Originally Posted by AlienDB7
"cteaxspl.exe is a process belonging to the Creative Soundblaster sound card drivers. It is running at boot up and shows a splash screen for the product."

Update your creative driver. You probably have an Audigy, which is known to crash in certain situation. The card is great but creative has been making crappy drivers these days.

The temperature really depends on the type of CPU you have. It's common for P4 and Athlon to run @ 50-60C.
On the diode a P4 should be fine at 50.60 , also older Athlons , newer run at 35 40 on idle ( 2500+ + )

Be sure its on the diode , if the socket is running at anything higher than 55 its dangerous , there is like a 7 or 8 degree change between em

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 03:05 PM   #5
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by PATo355
On the diode a P4 should be fine at 50.60 , also older Athlons , newer run at 35 40 on idle ( 2500+ + )

Be sure its on the diode , if the socket is running at anything higher than 55 its dangerous , there is like a 7 or 8 degree change between em
Here's what I understood from your statement:

On the____ a P4 should be fine at ___ , also older Athlons , newer run at ____ on _____

Be sure its on the __ , if the ___ is running at anything higher than ___ its dangerous , there is like a ___ change between ___

The computer service industry is no danger of dying out with morons like me

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote