Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 09-07-2004, 03:14 PM   #1
itsthepham

Default Possible Transmission Problem. *HELP*

Okay, while driving to school today, I realized there was perhaps something wrong with my transmission. When I would take a left turn at a decent speed or fast I would hear rattling coming from the transmission or the transmission housing. I already made sure there the sound was coming from and yes...it appears to be a rattling sound. I have no clue what it is. also, this doesnt happen when I make right turns. Only left hand turns are the loudest. Another thing I've been wondering is the fact that when I change gears it seems to be looser and not hard to change like it use to be. Anyone have a idea of what might be wrong? This rattling sound is scaring me.

BTW...its a 1990 Mercedes 300E if that helps anyone. :cry:
Old 09-07-2004, 05:43 PM   #2
coombsie66
Regular User

I would say CV joint but your car is rear wheel drive!? So i dont really know! Maybee a mount has come loose, or the diff is playing up?
Old 09-07-2004, 05:55 PM   #3
itsthepham

hmm...Yes my car is rear wheel drive. I'm thinking the same about a mount coming loose.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:01 PM   #4
StanAE86
Regular User

Sounds like a tranny or engine mount that's torn or loose, causing the tranny to hit something. Since it's happening only when you turn one direction, doesn't appear to be an actual transmission problem.

Good luck.