Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 02-10-2004, 02:38 PM   #1
NYCHonda
Regular User

Default Jacques Villeneuve

What happened to him? I heard that this year he won't be racing for F1. Where does he going to move? CART? IRL?
NYCHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 03:55 PM   #2
NYCHonda
Regular User

Yea, I was always think Jacques Villeneuve a damn good driver in F1 but for the past couple of years, definitely his performance was very poor. Isn't he a part owner of BAR Honda though?
Old 02-11-2004, 07:25 AM   #3
kteo2003
Regular User

i also think that you are rightNYCHonda but unfortunatelly he was stubborn to rest with bar which didn't have a much of acar...every time he was dissappointed and that dissappointement leaded at the abbandon of F!....too bad because he is a really driver as his father was...
kteo2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 12:35 PM   #4
NYCHonda
Regular User

Oh yea, he is definitely a great driver just like his father was. The guy is a daredevil. I've always thought Jacques is the only driver that can compete against Schumi.
Old 02-11-2004, 02:50 PM   #5
kteo2003
Regular User

we will have to wait to see...because i don.t think that he wants to return...by the way i think that there are lot of drivers who can against schumi...
Old 02-11-2004, 10:42 PM   #6
spd
Regular User

That is a regret, I used to like him alot. Ever since he had moved to BAR, he had lost thr motivation
spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 11:29 PM   #7
Toronto
Regular User

Jacques won because he had a better car then shumi aswell FIA tried to fuck shumi over,

Jacques with BAR - they have him a shitty car, it allways fucked up on him, i don't think he will back in f1 in the near future, BAR kinda made him look bad even tho it was there shitty car not his fault, but he might be a test driver for another team
Old 02-12-2004, 12:01 AM   #8
NYCHonda
Regular User

I hope Jacques will be back to F1 though with a better car soon but yea, it doesn't seem like it's gonna happen though. I really think Jacques is as fast, if not, faster than Schumi.
Old 02-12-2004, 02:51 PM   #9
S0300182
Regular User

To say the truth he lost his talent, i think he should jus give up racing, he's won a championship and dats enuogh for ne driver eccept for Fangio And Shcumacher
Old 02-12-2004, 03:01 PM   #10
NYCHonda
Regular User

How can someone lost his talent though? I mean talent is something that's natural. I don't think anyone can lose a talent. I still have confidence in Jacques though.
Old 02-12-2004, 06:50 PM   #11
kteo2003
Regular User

there is no way that he lsot his talent..he lost his car..immagine jack with the williams-bmw......maybe he can't coorperate with the climate of the new F1...he is a driver not an advertiser...by the way i would like to ask what meant toronto when he said something about FIA trying to f**h schumi???????????????????????when did that happened?
Old 02-12-2004, 07:12 PM   #12
NYCHonda
Regular User

Exactly, he definitely didn't lose his talent, it's definitely the car. He was doing so well with Williams Renault back then but after Renault backed out from F1 for few years, Williams wasn't doing too hot, then he was with the BAR Honda which has a horrible car itself. Even though I'm a big Honda fan but BAR Honda is nothing special beside a disappointment. I definitely think that if BAR Honda would have a better car or maybe put him in the Ferrari next to Schumi, I bet Jacques would do really well and will give Schumi a hard time with his championship.
Old 02-12-2004, 11:00 PM   #13
Toronto
Regular User

Originally Posted by kteo2003
there is no way that he lsot his talent..he lost his car..immagine jack with the williams-bmw......maybe he can't coorperate with the climate of the new F1...he is a driver not an advertiser...by the way i would like to ask what meant toronto when he said something about FIA trying to f**h schumi???????????????????????when did that happened?
do you follow f1?

they disqualified him for the championship. when he was 1 point ahead, for "excessivly agressive driving" that allowed Jacques to win,
Old 02-13-2004, 06:20 PM   #14
kteo2003
Regular User

do you remember exactly what happened?what "excessivly agressive driving"means?maybe that day when he tried to throw jack of the track when he crashed on to him?
Old 02-13-2004, 06:33 PM   #15
Toronto
Regular User

it is Jacques not Jack (is not some nascar driver from the south) and Jacques was just as agressive as shumi was that day, did you watch the race? Jacques forced shumi off the track at the start of the race, FIA did nothing about that, Shumi's move on Jacques is very common and only at that point did they try to screw him over when he was 1 point ahead.