Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 01-31-2004, 02:10 PM   #1
amanthapar
Regular User

Default bmw vs ferrari

some say the williams chucks out more bHP than the ferrrari.. i dont believe that..
some say the ferrari isnt the fastest... i dont believe that..
amanthapar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 03:12 PM   #2
bmwfreak
Regular User

F1 isnt solely about bhp. It isnt a battle between Ferrari, BMW, Mercedes, Ford, HOnda, Toyota. It's about integrating the package that you have to a level that is competitive enough to win races and championships. Ferrari have done exceedingly well in this respect in the past 4 years, as did Mclaren and Williams before them. The enging manufacturers are partners, not the dominant force behind the successful execution of a racing car and/or its concept. Think of the FW25, the MP4-13 (mansell does), or the F2002. The best example of 2003? the R23. BMW did markedly better with reliability in 2003, with retirements not being their fault for the most part. Ferrari didnt do too well either in terms of reliability. With the new one-engine rule though, anythign can happen.

^Home.

///M

God's gift to the driver.
bmwfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 08:08 PM   #3
Ghostbat
Regular User

I have to agree with Bmwfreak even if I'm a Mercedes-fan. Horsepower is naturally important but aerodynamics, tyres, fuelconsumtion and of course actually finishing the race are other factors you have to consider.

------------------

//AMG

Not so bad either
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 08:16 PM   #4
porsche94
Regular User

i think ferrari is the best, i mean they are the only team with 3 full time wintunnels and the largest budget.
porsche94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 08:44 AM   #5
jeroen40
Regular User

but why does the bmw have always the most hp? teams never give such information, I think it's just a rumour than anyone believes...
It can be true, don't get me wrong...
jeroen40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 02:12 PM   #6
yugo
Regular User

there are litle diferences between ferrari, BMW and mclaren. But Ferrari is the best.
yugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 02:06 AM   #7
kian

BMW has better bhp but i believe ferrari have a better package .....

unless the power diff is so great that other factors such as aerodynamics , tyres are already outweight by the power diff 8) . however that is not likely
Old 02-08-2004, 05:49 AM   #8
amanthapar
Regular User

yupp.... happy to see u guys agree with me....
even though bmw is more powerful, ferrari is the fastest and BEST around the track , when i say ferrari is best means they win mostly and includes the whole package...
Old 02-08-2004, 05:50 AM   #9
amanthapar
Regular User

yupp.... happy to see u guys agree with me....
even though bmw is more powerful, ferrari is the fastest and BEST around the track , when i say ferrari is best means they win mostly and includes the whole package...
Old 02-10-2004, 08:06 PM   #10
NightSmk
Regular User

Ferrari is only fast cuz of Schumacher.. just look at Barrichello

This year will be difficult for Ferrari, the new BMW FW26 will kick ass!!!
NightSmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 07:00 AM   #11
kteo2003
Regular User

i do not honestly believe that that ferrari is fast cuz of schumacher.....barrichelo didn't go as well as schumi because at ferrari everything envolves round of schumacher...barrichello and the same is for sauber this year was just another car to help ferrari and schumacher win the championships....do i have to record the famous gp where 100 meters before the finish line barichello let schumacher pass.....and that was one of the thing that was obvious...imagine how many other happens and we are not able to see...
to respond a jeroem40 bmw last year bmw said that had an engine that could reach 900bhp and 19100rpm.the designer of the engine of the ferrari said that in fact ferrari was not so powerfull...but ferrari had and has a better aerodynamic...in fact at the first middle of the champioship last year williams-bmw was going bad because a woman aerodynamist(that came from ferrari)found an error at the calibration of aerodynamic tounel.....
and to inform dani_d_mas renault made some heavy tricks....it is known that the back wing cannot be flessible...what they did was to make the whole cover of the engine to move upside down as a back wing and as a result they gained in downforce so the renault could go faster in corners..i don't remember in which gp they used that trick(because after that gp there was a discuss between flavio briatore and the boss of F1)
kteo2003 is offline   Reply With Quote