Thread: Playstation 3
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2005, 06:36 PM   #38
Sir_GT
Regular User

Interesting to see that Famitsu (Who I know to be very reliable) mentioned Tekken 5 on Xbox and GC, and yet 6 months onwards, and more tellingly, only a few months away from the release of Xbox 360, there is still no sign of Tekken 5 on either console.

Sony pulled a few strings behind the scenes maybe? Honestly, I would be very very surprised if I saw Tekken on any other console aside from Sony's.

I'm interested to see what kind of Virtua Fighter Sega will bring to the Xbox 360, since they do make a Virtua Fighter RPG.

Soul Calibur 2 was shared anyway... no surprise there.

I think the biggest point that Xbox 360 scored was the Final Fantasy franchise. Since the Asian console market is very RPG-based (hence the countless RPG's on the PS2), it will be very interesting to see how many more RPG licences Microsoft goes for, especially since America isn't very particular on them (with the exception of Final Fantasy).

Besides, Xbox 360 is only just getting FFXI... that game has been out for the PS2 for quite some time now. PS3 will get FFXII. Why would the Japanese pay for the Xbox 360 version (AND an Xbox 360) of a game they've been playing for pretty much over a year?

Honestly, it still isn't a very convincing argument. All you've shown me are games which the Xbox shares with one or more consoles. Exclusive titles are still far and few in between, and do not have worldwide appeal (to the majority of the Asian and European markets especially.)

Sony still has the advantage mate, sorry.

Even if you talk about hardware peripherals... PS3 gets the bluetooth controllers right out of the box, plus it will be WiFi compatible with the PSP, which is like an ultimate iPod in it's own right... the possibilities/oppurtunities that Sony has with this setup are ridiculous.

My point is simple: I'm sure whatever system you purchase will be the one which satisfies your expectations, and you will thus be pleased, content, happy, and may all the best be with you.

But that still doesn't change the fact that the market is pointing towards a repeat of the last (current) generation's industry standing, in which Sony is the clear market leader worldwide, with Microsoft holding a significant market share in the West, and Nintendo further embracing their "cult" status in the market.