Thread: Playstation 3
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2005, 01:38 AM   #35
666fast
Regular User

GT5- I couldn't care less at the mmoment, it's many many years off
Teken- I dont' play fighting games, never really liked them, available for Xbox as well
Virtua Fighter- ^^
Pro Soccer- don't care, don't play sports games either
GTA- will be on the Xbox 360 eventually just like all other GTA's. The wait doesn't bother me
Metal gear- will be on the Xbox at some point
Final Fantasy- announced during E3, will be on the Xbox
ESPN, Sega sports- don't play sports games
Soul Calibur- don't care
Tony Hawk- I got tired of it after the third game
Victorious Boxers- Never heard of it

I actually don't buy too many games. I only buy what I really want to play. Most of the games above, I could honestly care less about. I've never been a fan of fighting or sports games. I've tried Final Fantasy before, I just can't get into it. Not sure why, but it bores me. Which is amazing, since I'm a huge Shenmue fan. And we all know how well that game sold.

Xbox does have games I want to play, many more than just Halo. Forza has turned out to be good fun, Amped Snowboarding, MotoGP, Rainbow Six, Project Gotham Racing. Gears of war is looking very very sweet. New Tomb Raider is looking good. Ghost Recon and Call of Duty will be on the Xbox 360.

It doesn't have the games it needs to gain any market share.
It certainly does, otherwise it wouldn't be in second place, behind the Sony hypemachine. Tekken was available for the Xbox, with better visuals. Halo is a huge game anywhere. Fable, Morrowind, KOTOR and many more.

It only sold decently in America
Worlds largest market.

Maybe after this failure they'll finally get wise and either (a)buy up all the top companies in Japan, or (b) quit.
No need to buy them all, as many have already signed on to create games for the Xbox. I don't see them quitting either, if any company can stand to lose money hand over fist, it's Microsoft. Whereas for Sony, some 40% of their yearly income comes from the Playstation. So if they missed the market or the Xbox smokes it, they'll be in for some rough times.
I wouldn't count on that though, since so many people will blindly spend all their money on anything Playstation related.

And just for the record, I'm not a Sony/Nintendo fanboy
Then you shouldn't be so quick to dismiss a console that has yet to even hit the market. You should also realize the Xbox has more than just Halo going for it.

I'm not gonna tell you what to buy, but I am gonna tell you not to ignore the Xbox 360. Many many many games have been announced that are looking all sorts of awesome.

None of it matters though, as neither the Xbox, PS2, or Nintendo were the best of this generation. Dreamcast baby! Man that had some awesome games.

I've totally ruined this thread.