Thread: Playstation 3
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2005, 11:52 PM   #34
Sir_GT
Regular User

Originally Posted by 666fast
I myself saw the news report about the consoles on BBC, and they showed a few clips, and they reckoned that the PS3 had better graphics than the 360.

If that holds true... that means there would be no reason to buy the 360 except for Halo.

There is far more to a game than it's graphics buddy. The consoles power means diddly squat if the developers can't make use of it. The Playstations are well known to be difficult to work with.
Graphics schmaphics, if the game is good, I'll play it.
I absolutely agree 100%!!!

...that's why I've got my quids ready for the PS3.

Gran Turismo 5? Tekken 6? Virtua Fighter 5? Pro Evolution Soccer 5? GTA? Metal Gear? Final Fantasy? All the ESPN sports games? All the SEGA sports games? Soul Calibur? Tony Hawk? Victorious Boxers?

I'm only getting two consoles... Sony's and Nintendo's, whichever comes first... simply because you need to get both systems to play certain really exceptional exclusive games (Gran Turismo and Tekken on Sony, Zelda and Mario games on Nintendo).

Xbox has... Halo? $500 on a console for a single game? Reminds me of the days when I used to laugh at NeoGeo owners.

The Xbox was a tremendous flop. It only sold decently in America. It was nonexistent in Japan, and is/was a distant third in Europe. Xbox 360 isn't going to change a thing. It doesn't have the games it needs to gain any market share.

And just for the record, I'm not a Sony/Nintendo fanboy, just a long time gamer, and very familiar with the gaming market/industry.

Xbox 360 will be a rerun of the Xbox... another loss-making product run for Microsoft. Maybe after this failure they'll finally get wise and either (a)buy up all the top companies in Japan, or (b) quit.