View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 03:19 PM   #1
McLarenF1LM
Regular User

Smile A Heartland Hello!

Hello everyone. I am thrilled to have found this excellent site! I love the conglomerate resource that it represents. I've been an exotic sports car fan, since I fell for the Porsche 917s of the 60s. (Ok yeah, so I've been around!) I've followed car design on a world scale for some time now and I am always looking for the "Next!" design to hit the road. By my user name, I would suppose you could tell I was a McLaren fan. Throughout the years, I've seen new start-up companies come and go and never really make a dent in the automotive world, except for maybe a few glancing-blows to it. McLaren, although steeped in Formula One, still came out of the nowheres to produce the best road-going sports car ever made, with a side effect of the highest top speed for a production model @241.3 MPH. That record was held for 7yrs. A remarkable achievement. McLaren is poised to release a new sports car soon code named P11 and we will just have to see how it all comes together. It is not intended to be a replacement for the F1, more of a baby brother to the F1. - I could ramble on and on about many brands. I am also a Porsche, Pagani, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Audi, Koenigsegg, Aston Martin, Bugatti, Honda, fan! (No Particular order)

Anyway. I am a photographer without a camera currently or a CAR! My 1999 Honda Civic Si was totaled on the 8th of March by some lamer who thought it necessary to turn right in front of me with no signal, no brakes, no hesitation. I hit the passenger side wheel of a Dodge 4x4 truck at 35-40mph with zero brakes on my end either. No time. Destroyed my car of 10yrs. I took great care of her and had driven all of 162,000m before the day of destruction. The front of the car nosed in under the passenger side door right as the airbag deployed, launching me into the roof, fracturing 2 vertebrae. One in my neck and one in my mid back. So I am eating pain meds and writing an Intro.

I hope to have a new camera soon (divorce sucks ) and be able to shoot away to my heart's content. There is not a big exotic car congregation here in Kansas City, but to my south in Springfield Missouri, there is basically a Port of Call for exotics as Motorcars International is there as well as Premier Motors and a few others as well. We shall see what Summer brings!

What a great place for cars! I am glad I found it!

Later!

Michael

"Speed and Angels"
McLarenF1LM is offline   Reply With Quote