View Single Post
Old 07-09-2005, 05:16 AM   #15
sheruken
Regular User

Yeah its a huge Head-Shot at the end of the last episode of Season 1. It is really hard to wait for 3 to 4 long months to see how things carry forward..
Although I am absolutely sure it is worth the wait.

As for the Season 1, it is Fantastic. I mean till the Last Episode of the season1 the freshness still stays. The writers are doing an amazing job keeping it alive. I mean initially I thought it'd be fun for about 6 to 7 episodes and then it'll be just prolonging, but boy I was wrong, you just dont get tired of it. It just keeps getting better and better with every episode..

BTW, theres one thing that I am curious about!

****Could be SPOILERS****

I am not sure which episode this is in, but when they go to find a signal on the top of the hill and they hear that French Woman's Distress call, how would they keep the "drama" alive when they translate the entire language to French? I mean I know it is a very small thing, but the tension that it creates for people who dont know french is pretty dramatic, so do they change the language of the distress call or they keep it in french only? For egs :
Character 1 speaking in English "This message is in English, and I dont know English, does anyone here speak English?", wouldnt that be funny than being dramatic? But if the same thing is said and the "English" part is changed to say "Arabic" it all becomes very dramatic..
Sorry, but I am just a little curious on how do they retain the dramatic value, after translating (or dubbing) it in a different language?