View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 02:00 PM   #6
fordgt84
Regular User

Ford really are doing great things with the stang, it's just the best muscle car period!!

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
Unless it sounds like this, it is just a sticker pack and price hike
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhBVb...os=PXh7201lQBA
that thing sounds like it's about to kill its driver

Originally Posted by hemi_fan View Post
Did you guys read the article? Its got side-pipes with a disc that limits how much exhaust goes out them. That means, if you remove the disc, you've got your straight-pipe noise
yeah this pic was confusing me, i was like " did they actually include a cut out system?!!", then i saw your comment and things made some sense...

Every Boss features a unique quad exhaust system: Two outlets exit in the rear similar to a standard Mustang GT. The other two outlets exit to either side of the exhaust crossover, sending exhaust through a set of metal discs that act as tuning elements before the pipes terminate just ahead of the rear wheel opening. Visually subtle, the side pipes flow very little exhaust but a lot of exhaust sound, providing a sonic experience unlike any other Mustang - and giving home tuners an additional avenue for modification.

"We added the attenuation discs to meet legal regulations, but we knew buyers might operate these cars in situations where noise regulations weren't an issue," Carney said. "The disc is removable and includes a spacer plate sized to match aftermarket exhaust dump valves. If an owner wants to add a set of electric valves, they just undo two bolts on either side; the disc and spacer slide out and the valve will slide right in. And the side pipes are tuned so that drivers can run wide-open and the sound levels are comfortable - very aggressive but livable for an all-day track outing."
can't wait to hear what it sounds like on straight pipe mode
fordgt84 is offline   Reply With Quote