View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 08:51 AM   #9
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Thanks guys.. but the car looks much cleaner in the photo (boosted contrast, long exposure). The paint is actually pretty good for a 21 year old, but is definitely in need of a high end detailing.

Originally Posted by 79TA
Cool E30. How many miles are on it? Most of the ones I looked at (usually $2500.oo or less) had pretty high mileage (but they can take it.) Any plans for Ellipsoid headlights? That's a pretty easy swap to do yourself.
Body has 271,000 miles. Not exactly sure about the motor, pretty sure it has been rebuilt. I know the important things have definitely been replaced within the past couple thousand miles. Bought the car from North Carolina from the owner of JMT Track cars, made sure it was solid and running strong. Still shocked a car with so many miles can run so well. The car came with a lot of goodies and extras, I paid a bit more than what most would probably pay for it.

The head lights aren't really my priority, but I have thought about it. Maybe if the right price comes my way but I want to save up for some other upgrades first.

Originally Posted by RC45
Is the US version also the 2.7l?

And when is BMW going to go back to its light weight roots? Well I guess the 1 series is a start, but I am turned off by the over-weight modern 5, I mean 3 series cars.

This car I like a lot.
US got the 1.8L 4's, 2.5L 6's and a 2.7L economy engine(lower revs, more torque).
Some people do swap parts from the 2.7 with the 2.5 to create a better engine though.

The 1-series' weight is pretty close to E46.. I do not think BMW will ever make another E30 type light weight, unless of course for the limited edition CSLs.