View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 02:37 AM   #27
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by tforth
So you basically take magazine hearsay as gospel.
No, I take the general consensus of British mags ('Autocar', 'evo' and sometimes 'car') and German ('sport auto' and 'auto motor und sport'), along with the male reviews performed on 5th gear, and some Best Motoring shows as a pretty good indicator of how high-end cars perform comparatively.
Oh - so you are a magazine racer.

Enough said.

Regarding the Z06 in general, I would say it represents an excellent price/performance buy. However, if you can afford more, there are much better and better engineered vehicles out there. They also don't feel like they're put together like a $20 000 American car is.
Christ - have you ever driven one? Or any of its competitors? Because you are completely full of shit if you say "it feels like a $20,000 American car".

Absolutely full of shit. HAving spent an entire day in a Ruf RT12 I can tell you it felt no different than a C6 Z06 - other than being faster.

The same is true for the other competitors.

To say otherwise porove the bias you display.

We actually did some development work on a C6 Z06, and although I didn't drive it myself
Oh - so you haven't driven one. What a surprise.. :roll:

(this particular program was not my responsibility), one of the guys who did (who has driven everything from his Cayman S to a single turbo 935 and a 993 GT2 evo on Mosport) said that it was really fast, but was pretty hairy at the limit.
And a 993 GT2 wasn't? Yet another biased load of crap.

He also said it felt like a piece of junk.
Again - what a crock of shit - It felt like a peice of junk? Ha --- again, the car feels no different to it's competitors.. I am amaqzed at the utter tripe people like yourself spew forth.

"Cortvette is kaka.. Porsche is uber..." :roll:

He was actually considering it before he bought his Cayman S (same kind of money).
Ibet he gets lots of looks from the other pooftas at Starbucks..

He has not looked back at his decision since...
I should imagine not - it's a nice medium performing medium paced car - ideal for the poser.

What a crock of shit - He was cross shopping a Cayman and Z06.. uhm - the car's are in the same price range - but - uhm - not market competitors.. the mere fact you and he seem to think they are "competirots" is rather telling.

He may as wlel have bought a Boxster or S2000 or better yet an Audi TT.

So, in a nut shell, if you like doing stop light drags on a budget, or only drive on relatively smooth tracks, it would make a good choice.
Again with a very ill-informed biased load of tripe.

$70,000 stoplights on a budget? Or short smooth tracks? WTF? You have NO IDEA what you are rambling about.

On the other hand, that line you mentioned about taking it to the Theater or something, is ridiculous.
Shut the fuck up already with your crap.

[ Corvettes have never been considered in good taste among the 'old money folk'.
Old money

WTF are youon about old fucking money?

WTF does "old money" havce to do with a sports car?

You are a freaking poser through and through.

They have always been an example of the 'brute force' approach. Although, I will admit that the C6 Z06 has been as close to a properly engineered car as they have ever come, and if they would just work on the suspension
Yeha - because the stock suspension is only good for 7m43s at the Nurbirgring.. :roll:

Jesus you are one biased ill informed mutha fucker.. and I am holding back on that one

and fit/finish quality, they would have a genuine contender!
Fuck - all you fit and finish people are so quick to mouth off - but put 7 modern cars next to each other and ask you to quanitfy this "fit and finish" and you come up with no answer.

I am amazed that for a so called knowledgable folks can continue to spew such drivel.

:roll:
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote