View Single Post
Old 01-14-2007, 05:17 AM   #22
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by tforth
For me the only credible and somewhat telling info listed in the article, is that even with a racing driver at the helm, the Z06 was simply a 'point and shoot' car.
What little crediblity you had is shot to hell with this very pointed statement - the same race driver in one of the hardest edged and most purposeful designed "race cars" in street trim, the GT3-RS barely edged away from the pure-street, daily driver, run-flat tyred, Z06.

By your ramblings, it is almost as if the closest you have ever been to a high powered sports car is reading magazines in the toilet - because if you had any practical experience you would know that the time seperating these two (and every other 3200lb/500hp car) is so small and dependant on the day/conditions/driver - and that either of these car is so brutal and fast it would make you piss in your pants in a heart beat.

In other words it was very fast down the straights (what an accomplishment with a 7.0L vs. a 3.6L engine in similar weight vehicles), and very slow and edgy through the corners. Even with track rubber, I can only assume that this contrast would only be reduced and not changed in its favour.
Again - do you not get the point - the GT3-RS is specifically and radically tune in the suspension department to feel, run and gun like a dedictaed race car - and it is to be expected to hadnle the way it does, the fact the test showed the race rubber car vs the street tyre car was so close is actually all the prrof yo uneed - the Z06 is not a "point and shoot PS3 console" far from it.

Considering this fact, isn't it funny how you accused the Veyron of being this kind of vehicle, eh?
There is no coparison - the Veyron cannot be operate dby a human without all the aids turned on.. making it a point and shoot car.

BTW - I would love to knowm have you ever piloted a car/bike in anger aorund a closed course? Because your reasoing seems to point towards someoen who hasn't - and thus thinks in terms of magazine stats and hearsay with regard to car performance.

I have to just wonder - really.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote