View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 12:04 AM   #23
r2r
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni
the legends are pretty funny...

I like the fact that anti-exotics fanboys keep postin this "I'll show you how great my low price car is" videos... lets face it, if 90% of this kind of car owners had money they'd buy a Ferrari/Lambo/Porsche/Aston, etc...
The Z06 is fast, so is the Ford GT, they're even faster than the "similar" exotics, but they'll never be better... Its like the guy saying he doesn't buy designer clothing cause its the same thing as GAP clothing and GAP clothing lasts more. Of course there are the ones who just buy the t-shirts with the designer name printed in huge silver letters in the chest just to show off.

So back to the point... the cheap car faster than the exotic car formula is pretty simple, either big engine=big displacement=big torque=big acceleration with good handling OR small car=light car=fast acceleration/great handling. Its the same thing. Whats happening with the "Blue Devil" ? An attempt to make an "Enzo Killer" for a 6th of the price, which now doesn't seem likely. They are startin to revise many parts cause they didn't work, and whats the outcome ? cost rise=price rise. And we're talkin about the biggest automotive company in the world. Not so easy eh Chevy ?

Also theres the other part - the Veryon... humongous engine in a fat (expensive) car, an easy formula gone "wrong". The engine makes it outperform any other road car weve seen up to date, no matter if its fat or not and still some of these "cheap/fast car" owners hate it - why ?? if its the same formula, just that these wasn't cheap

Don't get me wrong, Im not saying this cars suck or anything similar. They're just faster but not better...

I agree with you for the most part,

but in my opinion the hundred thousand dollar price premium over the corvette doesn't justify Ferrari just for it’s name or heritage. Sure it might be build with better quality, but it should perform to the same or higher level as well.

Plus I think the F430 is also one of the most unappealing modern Ferraris.
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote