View Single Post
Old 07-23-2006, 03:04 PM   #1
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Default SuperAguri to debut new car in Germany

Super Aguri look to Hockenheim

Super Aguri's debut Formula One season begins for real next weekend at Hockenheim, according to team boss Aguri Suzuki.

The new team introduce their first real car in Germany, replacing the four-year-old ex-Arrows chassis they used in the first 11 races of their debut season.
Team chief Suzuki is excited by the improvement expected from the new design, hailing it as the first genuine sign of his ambition.

He said: "As we have yet to run the car in a race it is difficult to say this, but I believe that this is the true start to our 2006 campaign.

"As the German Grand Prix will be the debut race for the new car, it is possible that we are going to face a few teething problems, but I have every confidence in the capability of the car and the team.

"Next weekend in Hockenheim is going to be like a new beginning for us and I am looking forward to it very much."

As well as a new car, Super Aguri also have a new driver, with Sakon Yamamoto stepping up from testing duties to replace Franck Montagny in the race squad.

After testing the new car, he said: "I felt that the car was improving constantly throughout the day so I am really looking forward to going to Germany next week.

"I am very proud to be racing with the team and will try my best to improve, step by step, for everyone."

__________________________________________________ ___________

I give them a 30% chance of actually having this pay off

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote