View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 06:44 AM   #267
a007apl
Regular User

Fabio Babini and Claudio Rossetto secured the first win of the Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo series at Adria International Raceway, Italy, on 16 May 2009.
The Petri Corse drivers started from pole, but were passed by team Automobili Lamborghini’s Giorgio Sanna on the second lap. Having secured 12th on the grid, Lamborghini Racing Eastern Europe’s Albert von Thurn und Taxis had a strong start, improving his position to third place by the end of the second lap, before passing Rossetto for second place.

After the mandatory pit-stop for driver changes, Sanna continued to lead the field, with the Babini/Rossetto Petri Corse in second place. Erik Janiš of Lamborghini Racing Eastern Europe, currently in fourth closed in on brother Jarek Janiš in the #77, passing him on Lap 19 for third place. On the penultimate lap, Babini overtook Sanna for the lead, followed by E. Janiš and J. Janiš, who secured second and third places respectively.
“The car was really quick and we started from a great position,” said Babini. “It’s a hard track, and our victory came from the strength of Claudio’s first stint.”

Team-mate Rossetto said: “Not having competed in three years, the race was very emotional for me. We were in a fantastic situation, and think the team did a great job.”
“I extremely happy to see the series come to fruition,” said Stephan Winkelmann, Automobili Lamborghini President and CEO. “The team at Lamborghini has done a terrific job, and I’m very pleased that the competing teams have chosen to support the Super Trofeo project. I’m looking forward to a very exciting season!”
Race One Results – Top Eight
1. Babini/Rossetto (#22), Petri Corse
2. Janiš/Scheublein (#88 ), Lamborghini Racing Eastern Europe
3. Thurn und Taxis/Janiš (#77), Lamborghini Racing Eastern Europe
4. Giorgio Sanna (#1), Automobili Lamborghini
5. Piccioli/Amaduzzi (#69), Bonaldi Racing
6. Ferruccio Bellini (#3), Bonaldi Racing
7. Frei/Cochet (#11), Autovitesse
8. Hayek/Kox (#24), Reiter Engineering
a007apl is offline   Reply With Quote