Thread: Porsche News
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2003, 11:13 AM   #1
st-anger
Regular User

Default Porsche News

so what about the latest Porsche rumours....
i`ve seen that following topic on some sites today too, so it`s not only me dreaming
back to the roots, to motorsports??? head of Porsche W.Wiedeking postponed that topic for the developement of the Cayenne.
sometimes i hate the Cayenne because shortly before finishing off the development of the Porsche Carrera GT as a LeMans racing car, the development team was called to help with the development of the new Porsche SUV, so the CGT LeMans racing car died...for now ( in Weissach there are also some rumours to go back to LeMans after the CGT is running well as a road car )
so no new motorsports activieties for my friends at Weissach HQ but something Mr. Wiedeking promised that would never happen:
a Porsche with a diesel engine. Porsche`ll take the 5.0 V10 diesel engine from the Touareg and upgrade it to approx. 370hp.
this desicion has been made to satisfy the euro market due to the criticism of the high fuel comsumption of the petrol driven Cayenne.
so again this is only a rumour, but it makes really sense to me: don´t get me wrong i don`t like diesel engines in sportscars, BUT the Cayenne is no sports car it´s a SUV. and when Porsche is making profit out of it, and i think the will, i`m happy, because then they can invest in the real sportscars and motorsports.
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote