View Single Post
Old 05-14-2006, 12:53 PM   #7
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by 1zippo1
Originally Posted by antonioledesma
what do you mean by smooth delivery power?
the engine jumps up the revs by itself?
while pressing the gas the engine doesn't push a lot, and then at a certain moment or rpms it accelerates more?
or the pedal's mechanism is crap and your gf has to tap the pedal to get it moving?
nope, it's not like the engine revs without the car really going faster. Then you have a broken powerband if I'm not mistaken.

It's kinda like turbo lag I guess, under acceleration it seems like you only have half of the engine power, and then in a moment the engine seems to be gathering air/oil which causes for it to lose allmost all power for a very brief moment. After this brief moment, the engine pulls much better.

I thought the oil filters were dirty, because just a week ago she had to refill the oil in her car and there only was a very very small amount left. She bought the car from her uncle a year back and falsly assumed he had refilled it. I said to her that she needed to tell the mechanic at the garage, to check the oil filters, but she wouldn't. She thinks they'll charge her for all kinds of stuff she doesn't need :roll:
well there is no mechanical component called the powerband but what would be hapening in that case is the trans is slipping which is very bad.

and I'm sure in an engine that small there is only one oil filter not multiples. and it sounds like she has never changed the oil since she got the car a year ago she just keeps topping it off? if that is the case go to an oil change place and get it changed and oil filter costs a wopping $3-10 USD depending on application and the oil for that car can't be more than $4USD a quart and probably takes only 4 quarts. I would say change the oil anyways because it doesn't sound like it has been done in a very long time. Also I would replace the fuel filter another cheap part that you could probably do yourself with a little effort.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote