View Single Post
Old 07-29-2004, 11:06 PM   #35
lakatu
Regular User

Originally Posted by mindgam3
"There are some issues that are related to the earlier 911 models specifically that contributed to its reputation for treacherous handling that had nothing to do with the positioning of the engine in the rear"

I don't think you can make all these contributions to snap oversteer without considering the engine was placed at the rear - of course that is going to prove a big factor in almost all the factors you made. If the engine wasn't at the back, the car would be a totally different machine
I want to thank you for your comments . Sincerely, I value dissenting points of view more than confirming views since they challenge people to truly examine and refine their viewpoints 8) . So I would like to encourage you to continue to voice what I believe is an opposing view that the rear engine design provides a great platform for a sports car.

Based on what you pointed out I have refined what I said to try and clarify what I intended to say. Hopefully it is clearer. I think your input is really beneficial. Thanks