Thread: McLaren F1
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2006, 01:48 PM   #50
sentra_dude

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Originally Posted by TT
Originally Posted by yg60m
3 seat was indeed an option in the Vector but I've never seen a pic with this configuration (maybe it was never retained).
Considering they sold like 1 or 2 cars, even if it was in the option list, there aren't many chances for somebody to have selected it
sold 17 cars before Megatech's hostile takeover

I think won of the Yammato cars had the 3 seat option, and no, it wasn't a bench.
Speaking of best handling, where does that Vector thing in your sig get its 1.25 lateral G number from? Is that through a high speed corner, or is that on an actual skip-pad? Or was that number achieved using slicks?
1.25 was either in Road and Track, or Motor Trend... i can't remember which one right now... with the Michellin Sport XGT Plus tires (aka stock) in a skidpad test.
No pictures of the three seat layout? How about a diagram or something? I'm interested how they worked that out, it doesn't seem like they could use the same set up as the F1. Just from Nth's pictures that car appears to be very wide, maybe 80 inches, so I guess 3 people side by side? That reminds me of an Apollo capsule...

Do you have that skip-pad article, maybe you could scan it if you do have it? I'm sure more people than just me are interested in how a car got 1.25 G on a skid-pad...

Also, bringing up the mileage limit debate again, if the owner of the F1 lives in the USA, and the car is not one of the 6 or so converted to confirm to US regulations, it is under a DOT "Show or Display" limit of 2500 miles a year. There is no limit imposed by the factory, although it might be easy to mix up the DOT limit with a factory limit.

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote