View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 02:37 AM   #20
79TA
Regular User

Originally Posted by MidEngine4Life View Post
lol we've had this discussion

Just for the sake of argument can you please show me some mid sized cars that cost 17k, have a better 0-60 time, get over 30mpg, have Toyota quality, and arent butt ugly. Maybe I overlooked them. When the Lancer came out I admit I wished I had waited for that, but nothing else comes to mind
Just remember that the Road and Track 6.9 you quoted was for the supercharged TRD model (a 26k car). Your car had the same 7.8 second 0-60 time as the current Corolla S (not surprising given that the TC is pretty much a Toyota Avensis.) The easy answer to that question is just about any used performance car on the market from 4th gen Camaros to FD RX7's. Of course, you must have been bent on a new car and a warranty, so I'll look some up and make a list later. The first things that come to mind are Civics, V6 Mustangs, Cobalts/G5's, Sentras, Chevy Colorados (yes, the trucks,) Grand Prix's and Corollas. the mid 7 to 8 second 0-60 is a pretty solid middle of the road bench mark for just about any car these days.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote