View Single Post
Old 03-27-2006, 11:29 PM   #14
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by stradale
Those notes are accurate. Ferrari is not involved in this project, Jim commissioned this prototype from Pininfarina. He bought a new US spec Enzo and shipped it to Italy. This is not going to be a concept car, but a well engineered, serviceable car. It will be road legal and driveable on the road. Front overhang will be small compared to the Enzo. The idea was to make a Ferrari with sexy curvy shapes that is also aerodynamically efficient. It will be lighter than the Enzo and will have more downforce.

Jim is not a primadonna, nor is he a kid. He owns a 330P4, a 412P, a Lola T70, a Ford GT40 mkIV and the oldest surviving Ferrari, the 166 Spyder Corsa (s/n 002C). All of these cars have been registered and are used on the street, which goes to show he uses them as they were intended and even beyond that. Last summer he travelled Europe with the 330P4 and the 166. He brings his cars to events all over the world, so other people have a chance to see them. In the case of the debate about s/n 0846, the 330 P4, he is the one opposing many purist experts (primadonnas if you will). IMO he is a car enthusiast of the right kind.
I think you are mixing up 2 responses in one.

SO the magazine etc saying its a Ferrari prototype are wrong, andf it is a private effort. Then that explains why a car needed to be bought.

The second bit I posted shows why i stopped reading Ferrai-Chat a long time ago - most of the time there are pages and pages of he-say she-say posts where one rich collector is bitching at another rich collector.. generally acting like kids.

if any of those folks had any profesisonalism they would take those types of discussion ofline one on one, but it seems that it's just an ego driven pissing match about who has the real this or that.

That is why I called them primadonnas - it doesn't matter who they are - it's how they act
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote