View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 02:34 PM   #44
ViperASR
Regular User

Originally Posted by ferrarif1fan89
I'd like to address some points made in the film:

1. Miami is NOT that bad. They just happened to go car shopping in Liberty City, which happens to be ridiculously rough.

2: Moroso motorsports track is NOT abandoned, it is only opened on the weekends. I would know, because i live 5 miles down the road from it, and get my gas from the track.

4. America is not as bad as you would gather from the video. Like has been said before, there ARE intellectuals, and we are overshadowed by rednecks, which are out in force by where I live.

Other than that, I loved the episode, and I liked recognizing the places they drove by in south Florida.

@RC, those aren;t practice skid marks at the end of the drag strip at Moroso, those have always been there.

And the scuffle at the store was not staged. That kind of thing happens by where I live, and judging by personal expierience of driving through the part of Alabama they were in, that was totally authentic. I am in no way proud of this, its quite embarrassing watching that and just thinking of the thoughts going through the heads of viewers around the world who had never been to America.
As another member in Florida I agree with that. The skidmarks at the end of the dragway have always been there. I have been to Moroso a few times to go racing and it is actually a fun track, it is not a ghost town like we are ment to believe.

Miami is a very nice city, as long as you stay out of the "downtown" area where they obvioulsy were.

I agree that the scuffle at the store was not staged, the rednecks in the pickup may have been a coincidence but it also might not have been. Rednecks really do react like that towards some people, especially when they insult NASCAR and country western music.

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote