View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 03:56 AM   #33
ferrarif1fan89
Regular User

I'd like to address some points made in the film:

1. Miami is NOT that bad. They just happened to go car shopping in Liberty City, which happens to be ridiculously rough.

2: Moroso motorsports track is NOT abandoned, it is only opened on the weekends. I would know, because i live 5 miles down the road from it, and get my gas from the track.

3. New Orleans is actually WORSE than you can imagine by seeing the video. It is truly a ghost town. My friend lost his home, and I went up there to help him recover, and I can honestly say I will never sleep well again seeing the desolation and destruction. It was as if a war had gone on.

4. America is not as bad as you would gather from the video. Like has been said before, there ARE intellectuals, and we are overshadowed by rednecks, which are out in force by where I live.

Other than that, I loved the episode, and I liked recognizing the places they drove by in south Florida.

@RC, those aren;t practice skid marks at the end of the drag strip at Moroso, those have always been there.

And the scuffle at the store was not staged. That kind of thing happens by where I live, and judging by personal expierience of driving through the part of Alabama they were in, that was totally authentic. I am in no way proud of this, its quite embarrassing watching that and just thinking of the thoughts going through the heads of viewers around the world who had never been to America.