View Single Post
Old 10-16-2003, 08:30 AM   #224
stradale
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
Nope I am very undecided on it now after seeing Tiff's review...they are not available here until March 2004 anyway......
Don't let Tiff stop you from test driving one. After all, he is a racing car driver and obviously likes cars best when they're as uncompromising as they can be. I think the Gallardo could turn out to be great fun on the road. If not, you have to wait till the rwd street version of the Gallardo competition car gets built. I hope Lambo will do that. Complemented with a street version of the Murcielago R-GT they would have the perfect range of cars IMO.

I have just read this thread for the first time and it surprised me how many people here know so little about Lamborghini.

No scissor doors (not gullwing BTW) strange for a Lamborghini?! Only if the Countach and Diablo were the entire history of the marque. Which they're not.

A smaller Lamborghini just Audi's idea?! No way, the project was started long before Audi took over. Take a look at the L140. The V10 engine has been ready for years too. Besides, has no one ever heard of the Urraco/Silhouette/Jalpa range?

Most Lambos had incomprehensible names for non Italians. That's why Lambo needs to continue with that. Screw everyone that doesn't understand it or has trouble pronouncing it. I never heard anyone complain about the name Countach, but now it seems Murcielago and Gallardo are suddenly too difficult! For which, astoundingly, Audi is blamed too. LOL!
stradale is offline   Reply With Quote