View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 11:07 AM   #19
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by Vansquish View Post
Damn, sounds like a fairly impressive build. I envy the ability to spend that kind of time and money building. Someday, someday...in any case, you'll probably scoff, but I've actually not got an SRT. They've got a 2.4L Turbo-4 if memory serves. I've actually got a Mazdaspeed6. I'm about to head off to law school, so I don't really have the time or money to dump a lot into the car, but in the long term, I'd like to:

Drop in some forged con-rods, higher-compression pistons, a FMIC rather than the heat-soak-prone TMIC that I've got.

Short term, I think I'm going to focus on doing suspension work and drivetrain stabilization work as well. Basically I'm hoping to put some properly adjustable coil-overs and sway bars in, add some more durable rear differential mounts (and replace all the engine/transmission/differential etc...bushings with higher durometer bushings), and a short shift kit with a weighted knob (the stock assembly is notchy and pretty unpleasant in daily-driving).

That being said, right now I'm seeing about 33mpg and I've got 300+bhp...suck that V6 Mustang!
Oh man a Speed6 brings back good and bad memories lol. I can pull that motor build it and drop it in all in a long day maybe two if I dont want to work 15 straight hours. I've built more than a few Speed3/6's. Fortunate enough to work on the leading edge of that car from day one but alas I have gotten out of that world now. I developed the first tubular exhaust manifold for the car actually. I worked for ProtegeGarage.com for a few years.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote